Brake Rub

CHRISNOIR
CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
edited August 2009 in Workshop
I've recently upgraded the wheels on a Bianchi Via Nirone and have found myself getting a bit of brake rub - to the extent that it feels like the brakes are slightly on. The blocks are fairly new so is it cricket to just gently sand the blocks down a bit? Or alternatively does anyone know of any decent tutorials for guiding you through?

Comments

• dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    CHRISNOIR wrote:
    I've recently upgraded the wheels on a Bianchi Via Nirone and have found myself getting a bit of brake rub - to the extent that it feels like the brakes are slightly on. The blocks are fairly new so is it cricket to just gently sand the blocks down a bit? Or alternatively does anyone know of any decent tutorials for guiding you through?

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Halt, stop, cease and desist. How about trying to ADJUST the brakes first? This approach works much better. See Park Tools website. :wink::wink:
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    dennisn wrote:
    CHRISNOIR wrote:

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Halt, stop, cease and desist. How about trying to ADJUST the brakes first? This approach works much better. See Park Tools website. :wink::wink:

:lol::lol::lol:

I always forget about the Park Tools website - looks like just the thing I need. Cheers Dennis!