Tour of Ireland - will contain spoilers (eventually)

13»

Comments

• mgcycleguy
    mgcycleguy Posts: 292
    inseine wrote:
    Terrific ride by Downing. Great to see him go on the offence when he was all alone with two big team attacking him. Hope it's not too late in his career, but he deserves a chance on a big team.

+1... totally fantastic... out numbered, out gunned, on his own, under constant pressure in terrible conditions... what does the guy do.... Attack and Win... brilliant

... and I do beleive he was wearing a Bikepure wrist band as well 8) quality
  • Blonde
    Blonde Posts: 3,188
    Downing is a star (as well as being tiny and leprechaun-like)! He's always in the right place in the bunch, gets in the breaks, attacks hard and he can sprint. He really looked like he was busting a gut yesterday but it paid off - a top ride! I was wondering if he's in the best shape he's ever been at the moment, or if in fact he chose earlier on, not to sign to any big name pro-tour team. I only got to hear of him very recently, when he did well at the UK Tour Series. I was really rooting for him to win after he got yellow on day two and got quite emotional seeing him concede a stage win to the guy that had helped him climb to an overall win. What a great finish!