Greetings All

noj75
noj75 Posts: 34
edited August 2009 in MTB beginners
Greetings everyone. Im NOJ, just starting to get into the MTB scene. Left it a little late at my age but youre never too young I say.

I have just bought myself a 2009 Kona Stinky Six. Anyone used one of these? I have finished putting it together and have to admit I quite like it. I am not overly impressed with the Hayes Strokers though. May change them for some Avid Codes.

Anyway, your thoughts and tips on the Stinky Six would gratefully received. Looking forward to using this site much much more.

Take it easy all and Happy Riding!
2009 Kona Stinky Six

Comments

• msloan
    msloan Posts: 13
    hi welcome to the site, i cant comment on the stinky but i do ride a kona myself and love it even though i have had it 9 years now lol
  • noj75
    Thanks for the welcome and reply.
    2009 Kona Stinky Six
  • I don't really know much about stinkys, I'm not very keen on the look of them either TBH. Strokers to codes is quite an upgrade, I can see a few over the bars moments :lol:
    I notice you're in surrey, whereabouts?
  • noj75
    Hi mate,

My other bike had some good XTR brakes on it. So the "over the bars" should not be a problem.

I am just near Pirbright. What about yourself?
    2009 Kona Stinky Six
  • noj75
    Hello again,

Went out on my first ride on the bike and guesse what, I creamed in! Tried showing off to my son by jumping a small mound and my back wheel caught the lip on the landing. Off I came :oops: Just some small damage to my knee, my arm and my pride!!

The bike is running great though. I replaced the rear mech for a very nice looking 2009 Shimano Saint.

I have now ordered my brakes. I decided to go with some Avid Elixir 5 white. They should be ok, at leats better than the Rydes that are on there now.

Off out again today, will get used to the bike more before I start showing the son just how great I am :lol:
    2009 Kona Stinky Six
  • You're not far from me, I'm in Farnborough. Me and the missus were riding at pirbright last weekend, I was trying to find the army northshore stuff but couldn't find it.
  • noj75
    Yeh there are somegood little routes here mate. I ride the areas all the time.

I know Farnborough very well. Its where the missus makes me do our shopping shuffle :x
    2009 Kona Stinky Six
  • noj75
    P.S What do you mean by north shore?
    2009 Kona Stinky Six