What Rack for Tricross?

Wallace1492
Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
edited August 2009 in Tour & expedition
Hi,

I have bought a Specialized Tricross recently and find it a great bike. I use it mainly for commute to work, but I got it also to try a little touring (camping).

Can anyone advise the best rack to go with it? And perhaps panniers. I dont want to spend a lot, but on the other hand do want something that is half decent.

My idea is for a spring challenge of riding Glasgow to Durness in 6 days. I did the West Highland Way last year walking, and love a good challenge!! To prepare I want to do a few days in Mull before the end of September.

Thanks
"Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"

Comments

• Wooliferkins
    Wooliferkins Posts: 2,060
    I've got Blackburn racks on both my tourers, no problems ever.
    Neil
    Help I'm Being Oppressed
  • Try Parker international online, might be best to give them a phone and see what they have in stock, I got my madison summit from them 40 quid rack for 20 quid and it is solid. It also arrived in two days
  • andymiller
    andymiller Posts: 2,856
    Try Parker international online, might be best to give them a phone and see what they have in stock, I got my madison summit from them 40 quid rack for 20 quid and it is solid. It also arrived in two days

The Madison Summit looked pretty good value at £40 never mind £20! I thought about getting one myself, but unfortunately they don't seem to be on the site any more.

Otherswise my recommendation would be for a Tubus rack. Not the cheapest, but bear in mind you can take them from bike to bike.