nant yr arian?

welshkev
welshkev Posts: 9,690
edited August 2009 in MTB rides
looking for somewhere to go this weekend, done C-Y-B before, maybe the marin trail up at bettws but i was thinking of somewhere closer as i have to drive up on saturday morning.

can anyone give me any details of what it's like at nant yr arian?

nice one

kev :D

Comments

• BeardedDave
    BeardedDave Posts: 1,977
    I rode it for the first and only (so far) time a few months ago (in my defence, I live about 250 miles away!). I loved it and has to be up there as one of my favourite UK trail centres. There's some fantastic, long, flowing bits of singletrack that are testing without being ridiculously technical. there's a really good open, rocky doubletrack decent about a third of the way in that you don't even know you're doing until your realise you're grinning from ear to ear! The only slight downside is a really loooooong fire road climb about two thrids of the way in. Fortunately we'd been warned in advance about this, so were mentally prepared for it. It's worth it though, as you've got to get up to get down!

Seriously underated trail centre, IMHO.
    East Anglia Biking Collective!
    http://www.easternbikemonkeys.co.uk/forum/
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    cheers dave, anything around there to keep the women amused whilst we're riding?
  • BeardedDave
    BeardedDave Posts: 1,977
    There's a nice looking lake at the trail centre and probably a few walks - the area is very nice around there - but other than that, I don't know the area at all.
    East Anglia Biking Collective!
    http://www.easternbikemonkeys.co.uk/forum/
  • moggy82
    moggy82 Posts: 726
    Hi

Rode it saturday just gone, we did a bit of a different route, followed the blue markers to start, then when you get back to spagetti junction, follow the red markers, well worth doing both as the bit before the leg burner on the blue is really good as is hippity hoppy on the red. You can download the map of MB wales to see what im talking about.

There are a few extra bits if you keep your eyes out too, after hippity hoppy go up over the road by the lake then keep left then right after the bit at the end, and theres a nice bit of old singletrack next to the road on the right following the red markers after spagetti junction.

Really liked it. Id say its more suited to beginners that CYB but still really good for other, im a expert DH'er and loved it, you can really practice your cornering skills at this place.

Chris