Mountain Bike training near London

Brocade
Brocade Posts: 433
edited August 2009 in MTB beginners
Folks,
Any advice on some mountain bike training near London, say no more than an hour and a half drive away ?
Many thanks
BMC Pro Machine
Enigma Ego

Comments

• TommyEss
    TommyEss Posts: 1,855
    Swinley Woods...

The Chilterns?
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...
  • Brocade
    Ah, sorry, my fault, I meant can someone recommend a place to get training. Some kind of MTB school or training centre.
    Thanks
    BMC Pro Machine
    Enigma Ego
  • sam_anon
    sam_anon Posts: 153
    edited August 2009
    A guy I used to cycle with runs courses, in Swinley forest, just south of Bracknell.

http://www.purplebikeshed.com/. Feel free to tell him I gave you his details, and say hi from me if you speak to him?
  • Brocade
    Will do, many thanks
    BMC Pro Machine
    Enigma Ego
  • TommyEss
    TommyEss Posts: 1,855
    Ah, no worries! I'm only just getting into MTB myself - but I know Gorrick do training days as well. http://www.gorrick.com/training/index.php

Not been on any myself, but their races have a great rep - sure others here will have an opinion - maybe some have even been on one or two of them.

(Might take a look at some of these myself tbh!)
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...
  • nonnac85
    nonnac85 Posts: 1,608
    These people are ace Get Mountain Biking
    I have done 2 of their courses and they are great value plus the instructors are really helpful. As well as teaching you bike skills, they know a lot about trails in the area and are happy to explain to you where to find them. Also you will meet other riders of similar standard to you that you can arrange other rides with.

They run various courses at Woburn and guided rides near Hitchin/edge of Hertfordshire so only about an hour from London.
    My Website - Trail Centre info for the UK: MTB Trail Time
  • sam_anon
    sam_anon Posts: 153
    I've done a few Gorrick events, they're great and very well organised! Andy should know of any events coming up too.
  • Brocade
    Many thanks, much appreciated.
    BMC Pro Machine
    Enigma Ego