My Stealth project - piccys

Danlube
Danlube Posts: 454
edited August 2009 in Your mountain bikes
Well here is my progress so far with the Stinky revamp. Mainly a new paint job, from the olive army drab green to a matt black finish. Just waiting on my new mech from crc to arrive so i can finish building the rear end up. In a nutshell, the idea was to have two relatively matching bikes, one a full suss and the other a ht. Thoughts so far? :D

Will get decent pics once project is completed with the bikes outside, with full spec lists.

004.jpg
005.jpg

001.jpg
002.jpg
Kona Tanuki Deluxe

Comments

• blister pus
    blister pus Posts: 5,780
    Nice job on the paint work. Matt black stealth look, mmm, can't fail in my book so I'm biased. Needs small amount of red on it though, QR seat clamp, etc
  • Danlube
    Yeah Stinkys paintjob came out better that the Shred. I learnt from my mistakes doing Shreds paint :wink:
    Kona Tanuki Deluxe
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    the pain with matt paint is it looks crap very quickly as it is a pain to get the mud out of it.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Danlube
    nicklouse wrote:
    the pain with matt paint is it looks crap very quickly as it is a pain to get the mud out of it.

I sprayed the Shred about 6 months ago, still looks good as new. Spraying some hairspray over the top creates a nice layer which eventually smooths the paint making it easy to clean. The paint is car paint. Once the frame is left to dry in a warm room for about 1-2 months the paint becomes very strong. Prior to spraying i spent a few weeks sanding down and adding a few thin layers of base coat, once that had time to dry and harden i sprayed 6 layers of thin matt black allowing a day for each layer to dry. Works a treat.
    Kona Tanuki Deluxe
  • RealMan
    RealMan Posts: 2,166
    I bet you end up getting confused one day and taking the wrong bike out. :D
  • Danlube
    RealMan wrote:
    I bet you end up getting confused one day and taking the wrong bike out. :D

I will soon notice half way down the trail, they both vary in weight somewhat :wink:
    Kona Tanuki Deluxe
  • RealMan
    RealMan Posts: 2,166
    I didn't even notice there were two bikes (skipped text, went straight to pictures.. :D ) until I saw the hardtails forks and thought, "toras?!?! on a stinky?!??! What is he thinking.." :D