RPCC Fast Ride, Saturday 22nd

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• voxegam
    voxegam Posts: 244
    I would, but I've kinda become fond of doing the Saturday 'Mo park laps. If you don't find anyone Phips, come along to RP, its good fun if only for the last insane lap :lol:
    Trek Madone 6.5 Pro
    Planet-X (now winter-bike)
  • felgen
    felgen Posts: 829
    I don't know if Saturday will agree with me, as I have kind of got used to a rest day on Saturday now - I commute every day on the bike during the week, so prefer doing a hard ride when I am a bit more fresh.
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    2)Nelson Pista Singlespeed
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Rich-Ti
    Rich-Ti Posts: 1,831
    phips wrote:
    OK, think I'll come along and do the RP laps on Saturday then.
    I might do the same, then maybe the club run after the TT marshalling on Sun...

You had remembered the TT marshalling on Sun hadn't you phipsy?! :wink:
  • Hi,

New to this forum. New to RP as well! Been doing some laps and pleased to find this forum. Is there a thread to goto that will answer my FAQ's?

Looking forward to Saturday already!
  • Just to say thanks to the RPCC'ers (Mal, Steve, Rich, Mykee and the others) out on the Woodcote sportive on Sunday - a great ride!

Sorry I wasn't that chatty after - was beat after TTing for 20 miles trying to get back on after the puncture...

Won't be around for the next couple as am off to Spain but will see you for a ride in early Sep.
  • Hi All - I am in for Saturday morning.

Also, if you guys enjoyed last Sundays sportive, why not whack down your names for the Surrey Legs of Steel, on the 26th Sept. With home ground advantage RPCC should do pretty well...route here > http://www.fulontri.com/Portals/0/Event/LegsofSteel.pdf
  • felgen
    Overbias wrote:
    Hi,

New to this forum. New to RP as well! Been doing some laps and pleased to find this forum. Is there a thread to goto that will answer my FAQ's?

Looking forward to Saturday already!
    Hiya overbias :D

Regarding an FAQ, it depends what questions you have.... this thread is talking about a fast ride, which averages about 22mph going out into the Surrey Hills.

There is usually (and mainly) an RPCC group ride which goes out Saturdays starting 9am ish which is more sedate, averaging 16-18mph and again goes out into the Surrey hills. Just keep an eye out in the sportives/audaxes/training rides section to see whats going on that week. Last week's thread is here....http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12642866

RPCC isnt a club as such, just a bunch of people who started riding together about a year ago and kept it going pretty much every week and we organise it through Bikeradar. We only use Richmond Gate in Richmond Park as a meeting point.

If you have done park laps have you timed yourself over three laps? Toks has presided over the Richmond Park 3lap challenge (see the thread) for the last couple of seasons, and you should post a time most of us started that way. If you can manage under 70 minutes for the 3 laps you should be okay on the slow ride.

HTH
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Hi Felgen,

Thanks for the info. Yes I saw last weeks thread, I would have loved to have come along but had to work.

So when you say the RPCC isn't a club, I take it that there isn't a central location or website?

Not that you need one if this forum is where all the info is.

Definitely going to do the three lap timed. Will post it on the thread.

My only other questions were ones of etiquette, when I have been in the park everybody seems to be 'on their own' Having only been back on the bike for a couple of months I am looking forward to joining up with like minded folk. If doing your laps is considered a solo pursuit even more so.

Lets see what my time is like sub 70 should be acheivable, I hope!

Best

O
  • Rich-Ti
    felgen wrote:
    There is usually (and mainly) an RPCC group ride which goes out Saturdays starting 9am ish which is more sedate, averaging 16-18mph and again goes out into the Surrey hills. Just keep an eye out in the sportives/audaxes/training rides section to see whats going on that week. Last week's thread is here....http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12642866
    And this week's ride thread is here 8)
  • Rich-Ti
    Overbias wrote:
    If doing your laps is considered a solo pursuit even more so.

Lets see what my time is like sub 70 should be acheivable, I hope!
    Overbias, just to clarify - the purpose of this thread was to initiate a fast ride into the Surrey Hills rather than laps of the park. As Felgen mentioned, we have recently taken to hammering out 50miles or so as quick as we can with a 'minimal stopping and if you can't keep up then nobody will wait' approach (as opposed to the rather more friendly normal RPCC ride approach!).

Talk of the London Dynamo park laps might have confused matters, but that's something else you would be welcome to attend (visit the London Dynamo website for more info, or drop me a PM).

On the normal RPCC ride we do our best to offer guidance on riding in a group, but we're hardly gurus ourselves! You'll pick it up as you go along, but my main comment here would be do nothing erratic and you should be fine 8)

Good luck with the sub-70min 3-lap challenge, and we'll hopefully see you very soon! :D
  • NWLondoner
    NWLondoner Posts: 2,047
    Overbias. The normal rpcc ride is a really good group of guys. Just make sure you know what route they are doing. If your not yet too great on hills or your pace is not too hot maybe avoid the peas lake route until you get stronger. The direct ride to box via ranmore is great. I hope to be over the park on saturday from around 7'30am so if you see us give up a shout. Obviously if I am on my 3 lap I wont be stopping until its done.
  • Thanks for the info guys.

Just seen the new thread for the regular RPCC ride on Saturday morning. Think I will try it.
    Looking forward to it already.

O
  • felgen
    Overbias wrote:
    Definitely going to do the three lap timed. Will post it on the thread......Lets see what my time is like sub 70 should be acheivable, I hope!
    Yes, its a great inspiration that thread!
    Overbias wrote:
    My only other questions were ones of etiquette, when I have been in the park everybody seems to be 'on their own' Having only been back on the bike for a couple of months I am looking forward to joining up with like minded folk. If doing your laps is considered a solo pursuit even more so.
    The 3 lapper is definitely a solo effort. There are various clubs and groups doing chaingangs in the park, but the 3 lapper should be a solo attempt for it to be vaild for the table/leaderboard.

We use Richmond Park as a meet point, but rarely actually ride in the park as a group - we go out into the surrey hills for a ride, there are quite a few that we have done. If you search 'RPCC' a lot of threads will have ride logs posted in them, thanks to resident statto Phips.

On a different note, I dont know what to do ride wise this wekeend as I am not sure I fancy saturday, but equally there doesnt seem to be much happening on Sunday - I might have to actually do a KW run - something I have never done as a member.
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB