Spesh Tyres

2»

Comments

• M6TTF
    M6TTF Posts: 602
    Very useful info thanks - anyone tried the purgatory tyre?
  • Really like my spesh resolutions! Although they say 2.10 on the side they seem as chunky as a mates continentals 2.3's! And although a year and a half old only had 2 punctures....... Now I've said that I'd better take my puncture repair kit out tomorrow! Are the captains that much better than the resolutions?
    If you don't fall off....you're not riding hard enough!
  • Really like my spesh resolutions! Although they say 2.10 on the side they seem as chunky as a mates continentals 2.3's! And although a year and a half old only had 2 punctures....... Now I've said that I'd better take my puncture repair kit out tomorrow! Are the captains that much better than the resolutions?
    If you don't fall off....you're not riding hard enough!
  • stu8975
    stu8975 Posts: 1,334
    Im currently on fast Trak Lk Control 2bliss, very good dry/hardpack tyre, running tubeless on Ztr Olympic rims, by far the easiest tubeless setup ive used, inflated first time, no leaks, tyre bead seated first time, i shall be going for sausage winds for the winter. As far as i know Spesh measure the width of the carcass of the tyre and other manufactures measure from side knob to side knob .
  • I too rate spesh's tyres. Ran Resolutions for ages till they wore down and were excellent, and they do come up huge for the quoted 2.0 size.

Replaced them with Captain's and they too are pretty damn good, not the quickest rolling but reliable and confidence inspiring. I wanna try a Purgatory or an Eskar up front just cos I'm curious and a bit of a tyre geek...

oh and they were both a piece of p*ss to fit but then when you change tyres as often as I do it becomes second nature :lol:
    Current Rides -
    Charge Cooker, Ragley mmmBop, Haro Mary SS 29er
    Pics!
  • Interesting thread. Like several above I've found a variety of Spesh tyres to be great in the dry and impressive in mud and snow, but slippy on damp rock / roots.
  • adb1006
    adb1006 Posts: 938
    vii_voo wrote:
    Hi,

What width are your Sauserwinds, 1.8 or 2.0?

How are they on the road?

Sauserwinds are only available in 1.8 at the moment but i think 2.0's are on the horizon!
  • J55TTC
    J55TTC Posts: 224
    if all you ride is wet roots then studded tyres work well, enjoy eating one J55TTC

erm, I only have myself to blame here :lol:

What I meant to say in a nutshell was all tyres (except studded of course) will slip on wet roots.