Any riders in the Bournemouth/Dorset area??

Bellboy82
Bellboy82 Posts: 2
edited September 2009 in MTB rides
Hi

I'm looking for any mountain bikers in the Bournemouth or Dorset area.

I live in Bournemouth and usually head up to Puddletown Forest for rides and jumps in the week and longer rides at the weekends to places like Afan etc.

Just looking for other bikers in the area who would be up for meeting up and going on rides.

Get in touch if you're around on this or email jon@miriamrose.co.uk

Cheers

Jon

Comments

• Niall H
    Niall H Posts: 3
    Hi Jon,

I've just moved to the area (just outside dorchester) and not sure of the lay of the land as yet so would be good to meet some one local who could show me a few places. What kind of riding you up for? Im not much of a dirt jumper (im ok but run spds) but well up for x-country riding with a few hair raising downhills thrown in for good measure.

Let me know if your up for a ride my email is niall.hawkins@hotmail.com.

I send you an email to just incase you dont pick this up.

Cheers.
  • johnboe
    johnboe Posts: 14
    I live in poole, you can email me on john@surfpresence.co.uk I would be up for most rides but not up for a major long up hill slog!
  • afcbian
    afcbian Posts: 424
    Hi Jon.
    Am in Verwood, near Ringwood and am out on the bike regularly with various mates. Regularly doing 20-35 milers over the New Forest and the Purbeck Hills (followed by a swift pint on the way home :D )
    Whereabouts in Bournemouth are you based ?
    What do you ride ?
    Ian
    I ride therefore I am
  • I have a commercal combi S, I live in poole and I would be up for that ride but last time I went to the purbecks I was well and truly beasted.

So as long as its nothing majorly hard ( up hill) dont mind the down hill stuff I am game.

you can email me on john@surfpresence.co.uk if you want or message me on here its all good
  • afcbian
    I am afraid hills are a major part of the route !!
    But as they say what goes up must come down.
    Me and a few mates are signed up for the London to South Coast ride on 26th Sept (75miles offroad !!!) and are doing quite a few longer runs in the next few weeks.
    generally Tues & Thurs eves over the forest (about 25-30 miles) and Sat morns over the Purbecks.
    I ride my tried and trusted Dawes Edge Hardtail.
    By all means join us........the more the merrier.
    I ride therefore I am
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    Hello :D

We ride every Wednesday night from Fordingbridge in the New Forest (it's usually a group of us). We meet at 7pm, back at 9.30pm (ish!) for a beer and a bite to eat in the pub. We ride all year round, rain or shine... :shock:

Please PM me if you're interested in more details - there are some very nice techie bits and singletrack in the forest if you know where to find it!
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • does anyone fancy hitting the watchmoor wood bike park in verwood soon?
  • afcbian
    johnboe wrote:
    does anyone fancy hitting the watchmoor wood bike park in verwood soon?

Is that the name for the Northshore area near Ringwood with all the boardwalks etc ?
    I ride therefore I am
  • yes, are you up for it
  • afcbian
    Sorry for delayed response.
    Jumps are not really my thing TBH.
    Let me know if you fancy hooking up for a long spin over the forest though.
    Off on a 45-50 miler this Saturday.
    I ride therefore I am