Borders Sportive - Stupid Question

Brian B
Brian B Posts: 2,071
I received an email with the route etc about the Ken Laidlaw Sportive. I take it this means I have entered it! The problem lies in the fact that I cannot remember entering this sportive although I do remember thinking that I wanted to do it. There is no list of people who have entered online.

I entred all my sportives at the start of the year and put them on my calendar but this one was not on there. Anybody else entered?
Brian B.

Comments

• :lol:
    Gotta laugh....I deffinatly did enter it but youve done better than me....I never got any email with a route or anything!!

I did get a quick response when I emailed them about camping though so quite sure if you ask they will get back to you.
    Live Each Day
  • Sjaak
    Sjaak Posts: 99
    I just entered but had a few emails of Craig in the last couple of months re this sportive. It's a great ride with fantastic support! Last year there were only 30 riders on the road (many DNSs due to -incorrect- bad weather forecast), this year it will be closer to 200 they say.

I bonked terribly but managed to finish in 7hr (including 30 min of 'recovery' at the foodstops - marvelous homebaking on show, great cakes!) I started out far too fast. Lessons were learned and hopefully this year it will be a less painful experience.

Have a look here at the route which I made using bike route toaster: http://bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx?course=75372

(I only get to 2,370m of total ascent - not the 3,000m as advertised)
  • scapaslow
    scapaslow Posts: 305
    I've entered this one. The only email i've received is one for payment confirmation.

I'd imagine that if you haven't paid then you're not entered.

Let's hope for a break in the weather...
  • DaveMoss
    DaveMoss Posts: 236
    I found that all my route on bikeroutetoaster suddenly reduced the elevation gain a few weeks back. I don't know what they did, but I think they now understate the height gains.

I have moved to www.bikehike.co.uk seems to work quicker and gives a better result.

I know the folks from Hawick, I know the route is great and am certain it will be one of the best fed sportives as well. I just wish they would do on a Saturday.
    Sportives and tours, 100% for charity, http://www.tearfundcycling.btck.co.uk
  • Sjaak
    Thanks for that link Dave, I'm very impressed with that site. Also, total ascent is now 3,003m ;-)
  • Sjaak
    DaveMoss wrote:
    I found that all my route on bikeroutetoaster suddenly reduced the elevation gain a few weeks back. I don't know what they did, but I think they now understate the height gains.

I have moved to www.bikehike.co.uk seems to work quicker and gives a better result.

I know the folks from Hawick, I know the route is great and am certain it will be one of the best fed sportives as well. I just wish they would do on a Saturday.

www.bikehike.co.uk/mapview.php?id=16872

No, now looks like BikeHike also has 'updated' their elevation data files overnight....

Light rain and a rather strong southern breeze forecasted for hawick/dumfries/moffat triangle...

Edit: link