Armstrong
Popovych
Rubiera
Schar
Zubeldia
Brajkovic
Hernandez

According to velo-club

So I guess LA is still riding for the glory of thee Kazaks. Pity the fans of the team in the country will not be able to read his tweets.
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,481
    Have they looked at the route map do you think? It see's odd that they are sending a team of climbers.
  • lucybears
    lucybears Posts: 366
    everybody for the our of Ireland
    http://www.tourofireland.ie/teams.php
    interview.cyclingfever.com
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    andyp wrote:
    Have they looked at the route map do you think? It see's odd that they are sending a team of climbers.

Most top-tier teams don't come to the ToI expecting to do much racing, with the exception of Columbia who need to retain their reputation as the "winningest". team Its more to maintain form for the main late season races. Astana is probably warming up its Vuelta line-up.
    Its quite possible that Day 1 will see a group of riders from the second string teams p!ss off up the road, get 10 minutes and game over. The riders get to soft pedal for a couple of days, the managers have the opportunity to get absolutely bladdered at night.
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    RichN95 wrote:
    It's a rather steep lump - three times

4394734.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Eau Rouge
    Eau Rouge Posts: 1,118
    With a few more short-sharp-shocks thrown in around the lap for good measure.
  • thomasmc
    thomasmc Posts: 814
    The cyclist Paul Healion, who was due to take part in this weekend's race was killed in a car crash last nite! He was part of the Irish team for the race! RIP

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0817/rta.html
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Damn, that's awful. RIP.
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Sad, sad news.
    Condolences to his family, friends and colleagues.
  • thomasmc wrote:
    The cyclist Paul Healion, who was due to take part in this weekend's race was killed in a car crash last nite! He was part of the Irish team for the race! RIP

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0817/rta.html

whoa!
  • aarw
    aarw Posts: 448
    That photo of St Patricks hill doesn't do it justice.

For news on Paul Healion check out irishcycling.com, the letters of condolance left me frozen.

I only met him a few times, but he came across as a really really decent lad. very down to earth, very funny.
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Patricks Hill is v.steep but not very long - the riders are gone in less than a minute. The race itself comes onto the hill part of the way up ( at the blue Transit in Frenchfighters picture above). Below shows the extent of what they have to cover.
    Picture041.jpg

Its far more suited to a punchy Spring classics rider than a climber.

The main risk has always cars getting stuck on the narrowest, steepest section and stalling, blocking any riders at the back

Picture073.jpg

TBH, its the "back" of the circuit that will do all the damage. Patricks Hill isn't the only steep bit of the circuit.
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'