IMPORTANT woodcote sportive this Sunday

janessimon
janessimon Posts: 16
I rode part of the route yesterday evening, half way down the section from Stokenchurch to Turville, there are major road works. The road is unsealed & there were signs being put up that the road would be closed this weekend. I ploughed on through the barriers & had to push in some sections, the gravel was to deep to cycle through safely with skinny tyres.

I've been in touch with the organisers & suggested a re route that would avoid the gravel trap without any extra distance. If they decide to stick with the route, exercise EXTREME CAUTION as the gravel section is downhill, drops about 80m over 6kms. There is another gravel section of approx 2km going clockwise from Fngest, however this is more managable as it is slightly uphill.

I found it hard going through the gravel on my own, especially as there were occasional massive heaps of gravel, which were inconveniently placed in the shaded parts if the road so were hard to see. Trying to negotiate these hazards in a peleton would be disasterous! unless of course you are on a MTB, in which case you're sorted :D

Comments

• JasonRwmb
    JasonRwmb Posts: 268
    Thanks for the heads up on that :shock:

Trailbreak are normally pretty good, so hopefully they will re-route the course around that section. I don't really want to take my mtb on an 83m road ride..
  • Brakeless
    Brakeless Posts: 865
    This seems to affect just the full route not the short and medium.