Cannock phase 2

shanta
shanta Posts: 278
edited August 2009 in MTB rides
Whats the crack with this "phase 2" at Cannock i keep hearing about? Is it an entirely new trail or just an extra bit added on to FTD. I really like Cannock but am getting fed up of the Dog and always end up fanning about when exploring off trail.

Comments

• John Moore
    John Moore Posts: 580
    FtD is only good to join the good parts of the chase together
  • Cps
    Cps Posts: 356
    From what I have seen of Phase II - its going to be far more challenging than FTD.
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    shanta wrote:
    Whats the crack with this "phase 2" at Cannock i keep hearing about?
    You will have to shave your head and wear an orange robe to ride it but in the meantime you can get an idea of what's going on here Chase Trails Blog
  • shanta
    shanta Posts: 278
    When is it expected to open?
  • .blitz
    shanta wrote:
    When is it expected to open?
    Earlier this year =]

To my untrained eye, there's still loads to do. FtD is feeling the strain of its popularity and fixing it up doesn't happen by magic. There was some talk about putting in a new trail at the bottom of section 8 to link up with Phase II but I don't know if it will happen. There are Phase II build days every Sunday leaving at 10AM from Swinnos bike shop at Birches Valley.
  • Cps
    Cps Posts: 356
    .blitz wrote:
    There was some talk about putting in a new trail at the bottom of section 8 to link up with Phase II but I don't know if it will happen.

Its there now ! - although not to ride :evil: and it looks fast and flowy - just not sure were it ends ??
  • .blitz
    Cps wrote:
    Its there now !
    Really? I never noticed :lol: