Don't laugh, bollock probs!

Flanker37
Flanker37 Posts: 70
edited August 2009 in Health, fitness & training
I usually wear altura lycra full length tights or shorts, i also use a full lenght thermal pair of bib longs when it gets colder.

Lateley when i am riding it feels like my nuts are being squashed into nothing-ness. Especially the right nut. And quite frankly its getting annoying.

Is there a solution to this, different kegs or not wearing them at all with the padded leggings?

Comments

• Is it possible your shorts/tights are too small for you?

Perhaps you've built up some muscle around your thighs and it's making them too tight.
    Less internal organs, same supertwisted great taste.
  • check your seat hasnt become loose and tilted itself back.
    tilt your seat down at the front by 1-2 degrees.
  • chick0
    chick0 Posts: 338
    I cant wear tight shorts for the same reason. your not alone !
  • well i have tried not wearing kegs with my altura shorts and they are comfy actually and no pains, but i guess my bib longs have shrunk in the wash, or my hanhoods got bigger. Cos it still hurts
  • washing affects any garment making it feel looser in some places and tighter in others. Jeans after a wash are a common example.
    This means that the pad in your shorts can shift in a way that gives you less room between saddle and shorts = crushed nuts.
    Adjust shorts/pad position and tilt seat down slightly.
  • BurtonM
    BurtonM Posts: 425
    i had a ride the other day, nothing big about 6 mile :S and now it feels as if somebody has a grip on my right nut.
    i got so paranoid i researched cancer on the net :S
    help
    yeehaamcgee wrote:

That's like saying i want a door for my car that doesn't meet the roof, because I once had the wind blow it shut when I was getting in, and I had my head squished between, well, the door and the roof.
  • BurtonM wrote:
    i had a ride the other day, nothing big about 6 mile :S and now it feels as if somebody has a grip on my right nut.

enjoy it while it lasts! :P

Riding symptoms are typically numbness or tingling for a few hours so yours not only sounds weird but its lasted a few days so go to the docs.
    Better safe than losing your nuts.
  • BurtonM
    BurtonM Posts: 425
    i was going to book an appointment, but its fading fast. are we allowed to get female doctors fiddling with our balls? or is that only in films lol
    yeehaamcgee wrote:

That's like saying i want a door for my car that doesn't meet the roof, because I once had the wind blow it shut when I was getting in, and I had my head squished between, well, the door and the roof.
  • Maxticate
    Maxticate Posts: 193
    I was checked for testicular cancer by a female doc.

She was more embarrassed than I was I think. She probably wasn't expecting it.
  • my male doc has retired and I'm left with a girl that looks about 18 but must be at least 21...

As mentioned in another thread... some people pay good money for this!!! :D

Seriously though the female docs do ask you if you'd be more comfortable being touched by a male doc - which I just cant understand at all... Surely it should be the other way around?