Women in North Manchester area

Blonde
Blonde Posts: 3,188
I see many women cycling alone, so I know you are out there! If you are female and fancy a spin out with me on a weekend, PM me and I'll arrange to meet you for a ride. I'm in North Manchester area, but often ride in Peak Dist/Derbyshire, Cheshire, Lancs and W. Yorks, so I will travel to meet you somewhere if you're not close by.

Comments

• Bhima
    Bhima Posts: 2,145
    A lady called Nes runs this website: http://www.ibikemcr.org.uk/

She often does training rides just for women called "ride like a girl".

There's currently no info on there about the next ride, as she's not updated the site, although I got some info off her just today:
    Hello

A few women from I Bike MCR Dropouts CC and the Manchester Wheelers would like to ride fast with more women and so we are starting a new monthly ride.

We are starting a Ladies Do Lycra ride every last Sunday of the month. The first shall take place Sunday 27th September. Meet at Noon in Unicorn Grocery Carpark, Manchester Road, Chorlton

map:
    http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=unicorn ... 713&li=lmd

It is a ride for ladies only who want to ride as fast as they can with some other women.

Riding in a group can be really good for increasing speed and confidence and fun too!

We shall ride out on quiet roads where possible and explore the beautiful Manchester surroundings of the Peak District, Cheshire Countryside and the Pennines.

The first ride is not a particularly daunting one as we want to ease people in and see what kind of rides we all want to do. It's 50 miles, mostly downhill (after one short sharp climb).

See here for route info:

http://www.bikehike.co.uk/mapview.php?id=16317

Please let me know if you're coming (and send your telephone number)so we know to wait for you.

Love nes, becks and viv

I'm sure you can suggest some rides up in North Manchester and get a little chain-gang going. :)
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Karen (Popette) rides round that way IIRC.

There will hopefully be a mixed ride on 13th September from Cheshire up to the peaks...
  • a_n_t
    a_n_t Posts: 2,011
    Quite a few of our female members live Northside.
    Manchester wheelers

PB's
    10m 20:21 2014
    25m 53:18 20:13
    50m 1:57:12 2013
    100m Yeah right.
  • Recently joined LRC and seem to be one of the few females ... how about joining?
  • popette
    popette Posts: 2,089
    Hi Blonde, I'm south Manchester but would definitely be up for a ride. What this one on the 13th Alex? Is it your come back ride?

I also wouldn't mind driving out to a new start point. I've started doing this on some of my own routes as i'm getting sick of the same beginning and ending 10 miles on my Peak District rides.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    13th Sept - come back ride...

Details to be sorted...
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    NapoleonD wrote:
    13th Sept - come back ride...

Details to be sorted...

Keep it flat NapD and I may be up for it... :shock:

I've started to drive around, putting some variety (hills) into my rides, as I live in a relatively flat area. Been to the Peaks a few times, but that was on my MTB! :oops:
    Serious lack of gears on my new bike :shock: :wink:

Edit: Sorry, not meaning to hijack thread :oops:
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • a_n_t
    a_n_t Posts: 2,011
    hopper1 wrote:
    Keep it flat NapD and I may be up for it... :shock:

:shock:

whats is this flat you speak of?
    Manchester wheelers

PB's
    10m 20:21 2014
    25m 53:18 20:13
    50m 1:57:12 2013
    100m Yeah right.
  • Blonde

if you do want to come out with LRC then you can email me and i will let you know next time i am going .. they do have a meet up point over bury way .. do go out from Bolton where i live sometimes
  • Blonde
    I'm interested in that 13th Sept ride and the one Bhima posted about (athough that one would be yet another ride in to central Mancs for me, as it's South of the centre). Thanks guys. I have also emailed heatonrider.

Popette, usually ride east into West Yorks, or West to the coast (S'port, B'pool etc) from where I live but we sometimes drive to Hazel Grove to start a ride from there into Peaks so we don't have to ride through Manchester again, as we ride into Mancs every day for work. We should definetly arrange to meet up. I'll PM you my email address.
  • Blonde
    Thanks to everyone who PMd me. Although I'm not interested in joining a road club, (having not renewed my membership of the last one I was in) and can't commit to weekly training rides or social club runs, I would like to make a informal arrangements to ride with others, and particularly with other women. I've just signed up to the MCW forum in order to contact the organiser of IBIKEMCR Ladies do Lycra ride in Cheshire on 27th September.