Snobs

124»

Comments

• bomberesque
    bomberesque Posts: 1,701
    Bloody communists the lot of you

my bikes are better than yours' ergo I am better ... at everything

except when I'm not

but even then I am ... I'm just erm having a rest to recharge my overwhelming awesomeness. Or something.

Look, if you get upset at snobs (especially to the point of joking about breaking their noses Stoo61) then that's your problem frankly, You can bet you don't get 5 page rants about skivs on supermarket bikes on bikesnobradar.com, they're too busy rubbing their top tubes at each other to bother with the likes of you. Probably
    Everything in moderation ... except beer
    Beer in moderation ... is a waste of beer

If riding an XC race bike is like touching the trail,
    then riding a rigid singlespeed is like licking it
    ... or being punched by it, depending on the day
  • bay73
    bay73 Posts: 130
    ^^^

fair point well made.

traveling on the london underground every day brings me into close contact with more kn0bs in one day than you guys will get in a year of mountain biking.

the thing is you just have to ignore them and get on with your day/ride.
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    bay73 wrote:
    ^^^

traveling on the london underground every day brings me into close contact with more kn0bs in one day than you guys will get in a year of mountain biking.

you speeketh the truth.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    VWSurfbum wrote:
    bay73 wrote:
    ^^^

you speeketh the truth.
    ^^ damn right. I hate the tube, and I always forget where i am and to adjust my behaviour accordingly.
    Last time I was working in London, I was getting onto the tube, and saw a woman struggling with a giant suitcase. I offered her some help, and she completely shunned me, and carried on strugling ignorantly.
    When we got to the same platform, I happened to be stood next to her again, helping my female colleague with her luggage, and she (the woman who refused help) said
    "oh, you were actually asking if I wanted help? That's so sweet, I thought you were going to nick my bags or something"
    :roll:

I hate cities.
  • bay73
    bay73 Posts: 130
    VWSurfbum wrote:
    bay73 wrote:
    ^^^

you speeketh the truth.
    ^^ damn right. I hate the tube, and I always forget where i am and to adjust my behaviour accordingly.
    Last time I was working in London, I was getting onto the tube, and saw a woman struggling with a giant suitcase. I offered her some help, and she completely shunned me, and carried on strugling ignorantly.
    When we got to the same platform, I happened to be stood next to her again, helping my female colleague with her luggage, and she (the woman who refused help) said
    "oh, you were actually asking if I wanted help? That's so sweet, I thought you were going to nick my bags or something"
    :roll:

I hate cities.

I've had that look of fear when I offer to help. I just laugh it off to be honest.

I once caught a woman who was falling down some escalators whilst holiday a baby and didn't even get a thank you... :roll: plus I missed my tube!
  • dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    This forum (road and MTB) is completely besotted with the notion of bike snobbery. Barely a day goes by without someone in a thread bleating that someone didn't bellow a "good morrow sir" or didn't look favourably enough at their bike.

Some very sensitive types I reckon, just ride your bike.
  • What about those people that go ride somewhere with big jumps and drops for the first time, see all their mates landing bigger drops than them, then buy a bigger bike the following week, we're allowed to dislike them aren't we?

:wink:
  • jrduquemin
    jrduquemin Posts: 791
    .blitz wrote:
    2007 is old? I've got no chance then :lol:

proflexoct08sui4.jpg

Now that is a shiny Pro-Flex :-)
    2010 Lynskey R230
    2013 Yeti SB66
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    looks like a shiny pro-flex at Coed y Brenin?!?
  • haha your bike is from 2007! haha!
  • I'm the same as loads of other people here, I like checking out other peoples bikes just to see what they're riding/what spec they're running.
  • the majority of mtb riders i meet check out my bike when i pass them. Fortunately its when im overtaking them! :D
    Giant XTC SE 2006
    Cube LTD Race 2009
    Trek Fuel EX 9