specialized stumpjumper FSR S-Works carbon (update 1/11/09)

saltyman
saltyman Posts: 472
edited November 2009 in Your mountain bikes
my ride 8)

quick spec:

2007 medium s-works carbon frame

all parts are 2008 or newer
bontranger race disc tubless rims
fox rear shock/fox float 32 forks
XTR crank
sram XO carbon rear mech
sram XO carbon shifters
XT front mech
cranbros 5050xx pedals
thomson elite post
thomson short stem
monkey lite ea70 riser bars
odi lock on grips
LX hydraulic disc brakes
s-work tires
carbon fibre bottle cage
revolution gel saddle

Photo-0159.jpg

Photo-0364.jpg

Photo-0359.jpg

Photo-0361.jpg

Photo-0151.jpg
roberts dogs bolx
cannondale hooligan 1
cannondale badboy

Comments

• jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    very nice bike. must have cost alot. the frame looks nice
  • saltyman
    thanks, i got it for a great price, costs a fortune to run though!
    roberts dogs bolx
    cannondale hooligan 1
    cannondale badboy
  • Darkmyst
    Darkmyst Posts: 30
    Nice bike :D
    Stumpjumper FSR Elite 09.
  • Slick 8)
    Less internal organs, same supertwisted great taste.
  • saltyman
    :wink: thanks.

its been in the LBS getting the rear wheel fixed....cant wait to get out again this weekend!
    roberts dogs bolx
    cannondale hooligan 1
    cannondale badboy
  • saltyman
    few pics from today

Photo-0381.jpg

Photo-0380.jpg

Photo-0377.jpg
    roberts dogs bolx
    cannondale hooligan 1
    cannondale badboy
  • XxxBFGxxX
    XxxBFGxxX Posts: 1,355
    saltyman wrote:
    few pics from today

Photo-0381.jpg

this pic is the nuts amte. shame it couldnt of been used i the phto comp your bike in a mouth lmfao
  • saltyman
    :lol::lol::lol:

its a sculpture in kielder forest, my local haunt where i go to ride with peace and quiet.

Photo-0384.jpg

Photo-0382.jpg

Photo-0383.jpg
    roberts dogs bolx
    cannondale hooligan 1
    cannondale badboy
  • saltyman
    while sticking fresh pads in this afternoon, i noticed my rear tire has worn quite a bit in a couple of month and now has slash marks all over it!

im going through rubber at a crazy pace, 3 sets this year alone.........

i have ditched the e-thirteen chainring guard to and stuck the large XTR ring back on so that i can go fast once again.

changed the bontranger seat for a slimline gel one, this has made a great difference.

crank bros 5050xx pedals are in need of a strip down, after just 400 miles, they dont turn as well as they should and now squeak like hell......

new cassette and chain to come, maybe carbon fibre riser bars and new grips to replace the ODI lock ons.
    roberts dogs bolx
    cannondale hooligan 1
    cannondale badboy
  • BurtonM
    BurtonM Posts: 425
    nice bike my fellow gatesheader.
    where do you take it ?
    yeehaamcgee wrote:

That's like saying i want a door for my car that doesn't meet the roof, because I once had the wind blow it shut when I was getting in, and I had my head squished between, well, the door and the roof.
  • ramemtbers
    ramemtbers Posts: 1,562
    crank brotheres 50/50s i have the same ones and they are awsome. where was the pic of the head taken????
  • ramemtbers wrote:
    crank brotheres 50/50s i have the same ones and they are awsome. where was the pic of the head taken????

the head sculpture is at kielder forest on the north shore section heading east just along from the castle.
    roberts dogs bolx
    cannondale hooligan 1
    cannondale badboy
  • BurtonM wrote:
    where do you take it ?

if im stuck for time, i often stick to my 'under and over' ride, a 15 mile ride that goes past wallsend roman ruins, through the cycle tunnel at jarrow, back along past bill quay then over the millenium bridge. sometimes do this 4 times a week when i have the time.

now and again if my work mates are out, we head along the derwent walk to consett and back, a good 40-50 mile ride.

recently im out alone bashing the forest trails of kielder forest, nice and peacefull over there.

whereabouts in gateshead are you from?

often see some serious rides mixing it along my routes.
    roberts dogs bolx
    cannondale hooligan 1
    cannondale badboy
  • Awesome bike, the spesh in the first pic wasnt bad either :lol:

That spookie head must be along the new trail? I hope to pop up there again, soon as the midges have gone to hibernate (me to slow to get away). Plus to give my eagerly awaited new stead a nice run out with alot of different terrain to play on.
    fly like a mouse, run like a cushion be the small bookcase!
  • fletch8928 wrote:
    Awesome bike, the spesh in the first pic wasnt bad either :lol:

That spookie head must be along the new trail? I hope to pop up there again, soon as the midges have gone to hibernate (me to slow to get away). Plus to give my eagerly awaited new stead a nice run out with alot of different terrain to play on.

yeah, if you head from through kielder village towards the reservoir take the lower shore track, all new and 95% finished, just a few sections are not topped off with the grippy brown top cover.

midges are all gone now mate, aint had a problem with them since july, stil lwarm up there but a slight breeze and regular showers keep them away, most have died off by now.
    roberts dogs bolx
    cannondale hooligan 1
    cannondale badboy
  • BurtonM
    BurtonM Posts: 425
    saltyman wrote:
    BurtonM wrote:
    where do you take it ?

if im stuck for time, i often stick to my 'under and over' ride, a 15 mile ride that goes past wallsend roman ruins, through the cycle tunnel at jarrow, back along past bill quay then over the millenium bridge. sometimes do this 4 times a week when i have the time.

now and again if my work mates are out, we head along the derwent walk to consett and back, a good 40-50 mile ride.

recently im out alone bashing the forest trails of kielder forest, nice and peacefull over there.

whereabouts in gateshead are you from?

often see some serious rides mixing it along my routes.
    Im not that fit, sometimes i blast around chopwell. Kielder, hamsterley are the ones i do regularly then with trips to scotland for fort bill lagaan etc. I live in lowfell, just opposite the jolly miller pub if you know it?
    yeehaamcgee wrote:

That's like saying i want a door for my car that doesn't meet the roof, because I once had the wind blow it shut when I was getting in, and I had my head squished between, well, the door and the roof.
  • Ta for the midge info.
    Now to get my bike, get the lil fella back to school, get some time to ride again and head off up there.

I liked the paddling pic, proper bike erotica
    fly like a mouse, run like a cushion be the small bookcase!
  • [/quote]
    Im not that fit, sometimes i blast around chopwell. Kielder, hamsterley are the ones i do regularly then with trips to scotland for fort bill lagaan etc. I live in lowfell, just opposite the jolly miller pub if you know it?[/quote]

yeah i know it, im just along the road near computer orbit on old durham road.
    roberts dogs bolx
    cannondale hooligan 1
    cannondale badboy
  • cleaned the bike today, got rid of the sandy mud from kielder forest as im doing a few local rides that are mainly tarmac.

Photo-0402.jpg

Photo-0401.jpg

Photo-0400.jpg

Photo-0399.jpg

Photo-0398.jpg

Photo-0397.jpg

Photo-0396.jpg

Photo-0395.jpg

Photo-0394.jpg

Photo-0393.jpg

Photo-0392.jpg
    roberts dogs bolx
    cannondale hooligan 1
    cannondale badboy
  • noticed i have chipped a few teeth from the XTR crank, bit surprised as they have only done 400 mile........
    roberts dogs bolx
    cannondale hooligan 1
    cannondale badboy
  • jay12
    mmm... carbon goodies 8)
    drooling-homer-simpson.jpg
  • :lol:

yeah i love carbon........going to resist anymore at the moment i think, dont really need lighter bars, post crank arms etc etc, the bike is light enough!
    roberts dogs bolx
    cannondale hooligan 1
    cannondale badboy
  • gcwebbyuk
    gcwebbyuk Posts: 1,926
    OK, if no more carbon...

...how about some nice titanium bolts etc 8)
  • jay12
    gcwebbyuk wrote:
    OK, if no more carbon...

...how about some nice titanium bolts etc 8)
    the coloured anodized ones look very nice indeed
  • yeah thats an idea, might look into those.

wife has no idea how much a bike like this costs otherwise a divorce would be on the cards, luckily the bike stays at my parents so she doesnt get to see what gets added to it!
    roberts dogs bolx
    cannondale hooligan 1
    cannondale badboy
  • saltyman
    been having a few scary moments on the downhill twisty sections recently so decided my rear tyre needed changed for the winter.

was thinking maybe a slightly wider rear would suit me best so i have changed from 2.00 to a meaty 2.30.........

off with the old:

14102009038.jpg

on with the new:

14102009039.jpg

14102009040.jpg

will try it out at kielder on sunday........
    roberts dogs bolx
    cannondale hooligan 1
    cannondale badboy
  • saltyman
    31102009142.jpg

well i tried the new eskar 2.30 rubber out to the max yesterday on a very slippy red section at kielder forest, never let me down once. very safe and secure ruber.

also added a fast fender for the day (got it free off my mate) kept most of the gunge from my eyes, though it does look bizzarre.
    roberts dogs bolx
    cannondale hooligan 1
    cannondale badboy