First ride in 4 years!

tricky_dicky
tricky_dicky Posts: 211
edited August 2009 in MTB beginners
Went to the Forest of Dean at the weekend for my first ride in four years on my ebay bargain. Took the missus as well for her first taste on a mountain bike (family trail) and she seems hooked (looks like a trip to Halfords for a Vulcan this week)! Id really forgotten how great it is to get out on a bike and ride - going to join the Big Foot guys in a couple of weeks and hopefully the Reign will be put through its paces. Already decided though that the Hayes Sole brakes must be ditched, i think id prefer v's over them...

Comments

• missmarple
    missmarple Posts: 1,980
    Hey, glad you enjoyed your ride. I sometimes ride with a few guys from Bigfoot as I'm in Beckenham. I'd wait till September before signing up as that is when their membership starts for the year. Dependant on your riding style we can go riding together as you may be rather close.
  • there might be more than one bigfoot MBC - the one i know is in Gloucestershire and im guessing beckenham is Kent??
  • missmarple
    missmarple Posts: 1,980
    Ah yes my mistake, Bigfootbikeclub.org - they are sponsored by the shop Bigfoot Bikes.