Cwmcarn Downhill

bungalistic
bungalistic Posts: 543
edited August 2009 in MTB beginners
Going on Thursday/Friday and wouldn't mind doing a run or two of the DH track. The uplift service is all full according the website, is there an easy way to shuttle ourselves up to the top or is their an easy'ish ride/push up so we could try run it.

Cheers

Comments

• craker
    craker Posts: 1,739
    you can cycle up on the road or take the cross country route up the hill off road - a good if hard challenge depending on your fitness.
  • Did the XC loop last time we were there (loved it, superb route) but fancied a run on the DH, could we just shuttle ourselves up the road in the car if need be?
  • canada16
    canada16 Posts: 2,360
    No

No private vehicles on that road, as bikes flying all over the place. and your insurance would not cover hitting 5 cyclists on a private road.

I liked the climb was not as bad at the W2 in afan.
  • Yup I figured that'd be the case, which is why I wanted to check first, leg power to the top it is then.
  • canada16
    Quite expesive as well to get up and down.

20 odd quid or something.

Would rather do one run then have lunch and tackel another after.

Then you have 20.00 for new gloves or something :wink:
  • We will probably just ride the XC loop and play on the freeride section like last time, there's car parking up by the free ride section isn't there (sure I saw some last time)
  • canada16
    Yes I belive there is.

I think there is only one car park by the piece of garbage they call a cafe... LOL
    Unless they changed it

Not sure though as have not been to other ones if there is.
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Don't think you are allowed to ferry your own bikes up, remember reading something on a notice at the start of the forest drive where you pay (through the nose).
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • joed05
    joed05 Posts: 794
    canada16 wrote:
    Yes I belive there is.

I think there is only one car park by the piece of garbage they call a cafe... LOL
    Unless they changed it

what, the £2M visitor centre? that crappy portakabin went over a year ago lol! you cant shuttle yourself up there with a van/car for various reasons. if you walk by the roads it takes about 45 mins to walk all the way up, theres a another shorter, but steeper route but its really hard to describe where you have to go, and it takes just under 30mins.
    Best quote ever (pinkbike): "i've heard that Hill pees, deffecates, vomits and masturbates before each race to keep the weight down"
  • joed05
    joed05 Posts: 794
    canada16 wrote:
    Yes I belive there is.

Unless they changed it

what, the £2M visitor centre? that crappy portakabin went over a year ago lol! you cant shuttle yourself up there with a van/car for various reasons. if you walk by the roads it takes about 45 mins to walk all the way up, theres a another shorter, but steeper route but its really hard to describe where you have to go, and it takes just under 30mins.
    Best quote ever (pinkbike): "i've heard that Hill pees, deffecates, vomits and masturbates before each race to keep the weight down"