Walsh: the passports aren't working.

2»

Comments

• Langman
    Langman Posts: 178
    I wouldn't be suprised if the footballer was doped, as soon as I saw the news I thought the guy was probably doped.
  • zammmmo
    zammmmo Posts: 315
    Whilst I think it is very important for differing and controversial views to be expressed by commentators of sport, I don't think for this year's Tour its a valid reason i.e. VAM calculations to assert that the biological passport is not working. As I've said before, I am sceptical about top level sport and drugs, but for cycling, Wiggins' result changed alot for me. I believe he is clean. He got 4th. Does this mean its possible there are pro riders who are simply slightly better? Of course its possible. I was really happy to see Contador win this year but you have to say he is the one guy who stands out as 'exceptional'.

There is something fundamentally flawed about VAM calculations and the general VO2 max it indicates. Perhaps a good PhD for someone. :lol:
  • donrhummy
    donrhummy Posts: 2,329
    But that's not in any way an accurate representation of Kohl's case.

He was caught well before the passport was in full operation + could be used to prosecute,

You misread my quote. I wasn't referring to when he was caught, but when he released statements about the passport. The five riders "caught" by the passport happened RIGHT after Kohl's comments became public. And no one in the UCI has given a scientific reason why they could not catch anyone prior to that exact month/time. It's just too odd of a coincidence to not at least ask the question and do some investigating as to whether Kohl's comments did prod them forward.
  • markwalker
    markwalker Posts: 953
    Woodchip wrote:
    The spaniards do seem to think doping is cool though (as well as racism, but that's a different matter).

eh?