NIbali not joining Sky

andyp
andyp Posts: 10,481
edited August 2009 in Pro race
http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/lat ... -2010.html

Funny how this comes out just a few days after he's alleged to be involved with Ferrari.

Comments

• Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    You cynic :lol:

We'll have to see if it's because instead of buying Nibali out of his contract, Sky are going after Wiggins.
  • Wiggo Tweeted the other day something about "more time for thinking about decisions"

Now that was probably deliberately vague so that idiots like me think "Ooooh he's going to Sky" when it could mean he's not sure what wardrobe to get from Ikea, but you never know.
  • micron
    micron Posts: 1,843
    After his 'earth shattering' tweet that set the rumour mills going full speed anything is possible

ps I like the Pax myself
  • Kléber wrote:

We'll have to see if it's because instead of buying Nibali out of his contract, Sky are going after Wiggins.

What a story if he did go. Four teams in four seasons. New VDB :P
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    If Wiggins is reconsidering a move to Sky, maybe it's because the Contador > Garmin rumours really do have legs?
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,481
    Garmin were rumoured to have a new sponsor lined up to help fund the cost of acquiring Contador. It'll be interesting to see if that new sponsor materialises, regardless of the Contador situation, as there are a couple of riders at Garmin, and I'm thinking Farrar and Wiggins, who are probably due a substantial pay rise.