vo2 max

Dazzza
Dazzza Posts: 2,364
edited August 2009 in Health, fitness & training
Did a fitness test a while back and it came out about 90 at best, is this any good i have no idea.

Chars.
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
Giant Anthem X

Comments

• whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,704
    Greg LeMond is reputed to have had the highest VO2 Max of any cyclist, his was 91.

What does this mean? Well, assuming that you haven't won the Tour de France recently, it means that the test you did was crap.
  • Surf-Matt
    Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952
    Dazza - hate to say it but there's something wrong with that score.

That is higher than most top elite endurance athletes.

Mine is just over 60 - "superior" but the one of the highest recorded was 96 for a top cross country skiier (92.5 for Greg LeMond) and I do sh1t loads of exercise and do endurance running and the odd tri.

More info here:

http://www.brianmac.co.uk/vo2max.htm
  • Dazzza
    Well it was around 85 on previous tests, it was done on a bike with a coded heart monitor so i guess it's not that accurate then.

I have exercised for most of my life mind, been hard at it for the past 4 years, always been the weight factor that's held me back more than anything.
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
    Giant Anthem X
  • Surf-Matt
    Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952
    Well you have a better VO2 Max than any premiership footballer, most endurance runners, most endurance cyclists (including Tour de France cyclists), almost all triathletes and higher than ever recorded for a female then... :wink:

And way way higher than mine too... :wink:
  • Dazzza
    Lol well it's what the machine said so lord knows what's going on..........
    Giant Anthem X
  • 90...! HA HA THAS AWESOME
    ave 4 premier league footballer (midfielder) is 65
    U iswell fit dude...!
    Couple of 5 spots, a hummer and a handjob.....
  • Dazzza
    Well it's what the machine said.......

I did go out on a roadie ride with my anthem the other day and kept up all the way. ;)
    Giant Anthem X