A good intro to Alpine mtb'ing?

strudelpus
strudelpus Posts: 71
edited September 2009 in MTB beginners
Hi folks! My first post here so pardon my ignorance :oops... : I ride to work daily on my roadie, but would like to give mtb'ing a proper go as my previous experiences have been the odd daily hire (including a day in Nelson, BC, whoohoo!) whilst backpacking. But i've always ended the day "just not getting it". So i'm looking to spend a week in Garmisch, Germany (quite familiar with the place) and doing some hut-to-hut as i've done in the past, to see if it sticks. But if anyone's had good experiences elsewhere in the region (Austria etc) then all info gladly received - i'll be budget-jetting it to the area so i need to account for that. Ta. Dave.

Comments

• Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    Where do you live now? Perhaps get some trail experience under your belt closer to home first? It will help you get more out of your holiday.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • Sir HC
    Sir HC Posts: 20,148
    I'd look at trailcentres first, Afan/Cwmcarn/Coed-y-brenin.

Les Gets and Morzine have some very good trails, also plenty of lift access depending how interested you are in riding up hills. Geneva is just around the corner and transfers are available.
    Intense Socom
    Inbred
  • Soz about bumping the thread, but i've just answered my own post. Just got back from a week in Kitzbuhel with Mountain Edge, and i think i now "get it...". So cheers Rob and Co for a proper intro to the madness! :shock: :D