My Cube

fat_homer
fat_homer Posts: 470
edited July 2011 in Your mountain bikes
Hi Guys, couple of pics of my 08 Cube Ltd Pro. I've upgraded a few bits and bobs and picked up the wheels pretty cheap second hand recently. Possibly getting some new forks for my birthday next month, thinking rebas, as I keep getting nagged about what I want and I've not got a clue! Let me know what you think!
imgp0792r.jpg
imgp0793d.jpg
imgp0794x.jpg
imgp0788d.jpg
imgp0790j.jpg
imgp0791m.jpg

Frame: Cube Alu Superlite 7005 Double Butted
Forks: Rock Shox Tora 302 Coil, 80mm, PopLoc
Bars: Ritchey WCS Carbon Rizer
Stem: Ritchey WCS Alloy Wet Black
Headset: Ritchey Logic OE Semi-Integrated
Grips: Imperial Lock On Black

Front Brake Lever assy: Hayes Strocker Ryde
Rear Brake Lever assy: Hayes Strocker Ryde

Shifters: Shimano Deore Rapidfire-Plus
Front Mech: LX
Rear Mech: XT Shadow

Seat: Sunline V1
Seat Post: Easton EA30

Cranks: Shimano M532
Chain: Shimano HG53
Cassette: XT
Pedals: Wellgo MG1

Wheels
Rim: Mavic XC717
Spokes: ??
Hub: Hope XC
Tube: Cheap Ones
Tire: Front Nobby Nic, Racing Ralph

Comments

• mullen18
    mullen18 Posts: 38
    Looking slick
  • llamafarmer
    llamafarmer Posts: 1,893
    Looks sweet mate, some nice upgrades!

Chain needs a bit of love though :wink:
  • Sweet bike, love the colour of the frame.

Agree with llamafarmer, that chain needs some loving :shock:
  • Stoo61
    Stoo61 Posts: 1,394
    Niiice, love Cubes.

Could you take some photo's of the stem and bar combo? I'm almost set on the wet black and carbon myself, does it looks as good as it should?

Also, a pair of Rebas would be real nice. May I suggest the 2009 Reba Teams as they are white although I have the SLs and they are awesome and a bit cheaper.
  • fat_homer
    Thanks for the comments guys.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong with the chain, I clean and lube it every time it gets muddy! It looks like some if the plating is starting to come off, not good I don't suppose!

If I do go for the rebas it'll be SL's, one cause there cheaper and two cause there black, not sure the white will look right on the bike. And I'll try and get some more photos of the bar/stem tomorrow as I'm busy all night.
  • kopite1979
    kopite1979 Posts: 443
    BE..A..UTIFUL.. i think black cranks may just set it off :wink:
    It`s changed a bit since...
    2010 Zesty 314
  • fat_homer
    So it's been a while since I've posted as I've only just started using it again, spent all summer last year training for a big charity ride on my roadie and I've recently upgraded a couple of bits so thought I'd put up some new pics:

XT Shifters which are great, thought only had them on 24hours
    M520 SPD's was a little nervous at first off road locally, will be getting there first proper test at Cannock
    Superstar grips, disc rotors and seatpost clamp all good stuff, white grips are a pain to keep clean but look good
    Charger spoon saddle, really comfy!
    And I replaced the knackered chain

Never got the Reba's though, one day. Would they be much of an upgrade over the Tora's, I'd be looking at the Teams on sale at Merlin

P1010117-1.jpg
    P1010118-1.jpg
    P1010120-1-1.jpg
    P1010116-1.jpg
    P1010122-1.jpg

Also, I think my tyres might be fubared, they've look really worn but only on the walls and not from riding:
    P1010121-1.jpg
  • fat_homer
    So after an awful lot of deliberation I've finally took the plunge and ordered a set of Reba Teams from Merlin. Just need a PM to PM adapter and I'm good to go. First outing will be at Cannock this Saturday, can't wait.
    P1010124-2.jpg