Trapped nerve

XxxBFGxxX
XxxBFGxxX Posts: 1,355
edited August 2009 in Health, fitness & training
I came of the bike a lttle while ago in doing this i agravated a nerve in my back again. Its an old injury.

At the moment i can go out riding and it does not hurt when i ride but as soon as i get of and try walking it fooking hurts like hell it hurts to sit on the sofa.

I have shooting pains thro my grion and down my left leg.

I am gonna get the doc to look at it. just want to now if there is anything i can do to help stop it from hurting so much.

i am laying on the floor in the most funniest position to stop the pressure on it.

feels like i have some one squezzing my nuts at times

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    "fees lke i have some one squezzing my nuts at times"

Every cloud eh?!
  • XxxBFGxxX
    sonic your to quick for me at times mate lmfao. corrected now mate i think. i blame the pain
  • mea00csf
    mea00csf Posts: 558
    shooting pains down your leg and pain when walking and sitting sounds sciatic to me. I knacked my back doing that (popped a disc in my spine, which caused muscles on one side to clamp up which clamped on my sciatic nerve which dropped me to floor. 2 hours of trying to move got me stood up and managed 5m metres before i passed out with the pain and was ambulanced to hospital)

Nerve pain isn't particularly responsive to pain killers, nothing worked for me anyway until they got me diazphan which is a muscle relaxant. I was told to keep as mobile as possible, i also did physio and pilates. Once it started to improve i started swimming which even now i can tell if i haven't swam in a while as it can start to get a bit achey
  • XxxBFGxxX
    as at the docs yesterday it is sciatica. been iven diazapam and naproxem itch mean me shit like hell and puke up.
  • mea00csf
    mea00csf Posts: 558
    As i said previously, best preventative measure once you've got rid of the symptons is building up your core muscles. Pilates is extremely good for this but i found it a bit too slow and boring after i got full mobility back. Swimming i found to be the best general execise to keep sciatica at bay (i found i seemed to be more prone to it after my inital injury.)

With a bit of work you can be pain free from it (and i had an extreme form of it, after 2 ibuprofen, 2 co-codamol, 2 paracetamol, 2 other pain relief drugs which i forget the name of and a whole bottle of the ambulance guys laughing gas, i was still sat in a wheelchair in the hospital sobbing with pain for 2 hours as they had no beds free :cry: )
  • XxxBFGxxX
    i do feel for ya mate it aint a nice pain. it is slowly starting to ease no after 4 days. i realy need to work on maken my back muscles stronger and as you said i may take up simming.

can you sergest anything else that may help
  • XxxBFGxxX
    little update.

what ever i have done is easing of a little. been signed of for a week but dont think my back will take any lifting at work so looks like another week away from ork.

i aint rode my bikes since it started a week ago and to scared to. lol