Choppy Warburton

PauloBets
PauloBets Posts: 108
edited August 2009 in Pro race
the very first dope dealer in cycling over 100 years ago. And from the UK. Fascinating facts. UK cyclist Arthur Linton 2nd in Bordeaux Paris 1886 and died weeks later cause of Choppy's potions. Choppy Warburton also managed Jimmy Michael of Wales-1906 World Cycling Champion

Comments

• the very first dope dealer in cycling over 100 years ago. And from the UK. Fascinating facts. UK cyclist Arthur Linton 2nd in Bordeaux Paris 1886 and died weeks later cause of Choppy's potions. Choppy Warburton also managed Jimmy Michael of Wales-1906 World Cycling Champion
    not that i am defending good ol' choppy's dubious practices but Linton more likely died of TB - pretty unfair to his memory to link his death to dopage.
    thanks
    podofdonny
  • PauloBets
    PauloBets Posts: 108
    podofdonny wrote:
    the very first dope dealer in cycling over 100 years ago. And from the UK. Fascinating facts. UK cyclist Arthur Linton 2nd in Bordeaux Paris 1886 and died weeks later cause of Choppy's potions. Choppy Warburton also managed Jimmy Michael of Wales-1906 World Cycling Champion
    not that i am defending good ol' choppy's dubious practices but Linton more likely died of TB - pretty unfair to his memory to link his death to dopage.
    thanks
    podofdonny

I'd read it in wikipedia :?
  • I'd read it in wikipedia
    yes sorry if I came across a little sharp - although obviously a useful tool the internet breeds its own internet myths, ie if one trusted source gets the wrong fact it is constantly repeated and actually gains credibilty against more trusted sources.
    The funniest account of good ol chopper is in Tim Moore's book French Revolutons - which I would recomend.
    best
    podofdonny