Barloworld gone at the end of the season

afx237vi
afx237vi Posts: 12,630
edited August 2009 in Pro race
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/barlowo ... even-years

It was probably on the cards after the Tour last year, but their performances on the road this year can't have helped. They were pretty inconspicuous in the Giro and I can't recall seeing them in any other races this year. I mean, they were probably there... they just weren't doing anything.

Comments

• Takis61
    Takis61 Posts: 239
    This is not new news, it was announced months ago they were pulling out.
    My knees hurt !
  • I guess it can't have helped that most of their riders will be off to Sky anyway, Cummings and Thomas are practically riding in Sky jerseys already.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the other 'Empire' riders like Froome, Augustyn and Impey rode for Dave's crew as well. It's a shame to see another sponsor going but with new sponsors like Sky and "The Shack" signing up, it's hopefully not terminal.
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Anyone heard where Robbie Hunter will be going?
  • jimycooper
    jimycooper Posts: 740
    Tusher wrote:

the rumours that are flying around say garmin :arrow:
  • Tusher
    Thanks
  • bikerZA
    bikerZA Posts: 314
    jimycooper wrote:
    Tusher wrote:

the rumours that are flying around say garmin :arrow:

Fingers crossed. Hopefully there are a few wins left in him yet.

I wonder where John-Lee Augustyn will go..
  • Has Soler been rumoured with anyone, seems like Armstrong would be intrested in getting him on board for domestique duties if he was intrested in it thats another thing.
    Take care of the luxuries and the necessites will take care of themselves.
  • top_bhoy
    top_bhoy Posts: 1,424
    Has Soler been rumoured with anyone, seems like Armstrong would be intrested in getting him on board for domestique duties if he was intrested in it thats another thing.
    I was surprised that Silence-Lotto didn't approach Soler last year to support Cadel Evans....I think that could have proven a decent combination. Its still not too late.....whether Cadel is good enough now is a different question to answer!!!
  • Tusher
    John-Lee Augustyn was one of the first names to be linked to Sky, but I've not heard much recently.

Sept 1st can't come soon enough.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Has Soler been rumoured with anyone, seems like Armstrong would be intrested in getting him on board for domestique duties if he was intrested in it thats another thing.

Soler is way too flaky to be a helper for Armstrong. How many times a year does he crash... 50? Can you imagine him in a TTT? It'd be carnage as soon as they reach the first corner.

Besides, Corti may yet find a new sponsor...
  • bikerZA
    bikerZA Posts: 314
    Corti is a man of resource, I wouldn't be suprised if he pulls a sponsor out of nowhere. I'm guessing it will become a pure Italian team though.