enduro Racing in north east england

timthetinyhorse
timthetinyhorse Posts: 163
edited September 2009 in XC and Enduro
me and some mates are looking into starting to race some enduro events

cany anyone point me in the right direction??

were in the north east ut would travel a reasonable distance

cheers

rob
I recon im the tinyest horse you will ever see

Comments

• SiLanc
    SiLanc Posts: 180
    There are a number of options, most notably the Kielder 100, the Grizedale Challenge and the Brownbacks series based near Manchester. All the links are on my racing diary plus some other good races which you might want to consider a little further away. Unfortunately, travelling is a mainstay of XC racing but at least you can share the fuel bill :)

http://www.xcenduro.co.uk/racing/races.asp

Si
    Lap by lap analysis, videos, photos, race reports and a map of race locations www.xcenduro.co.uk
  • thanks for that mate, plenty to think about there

like the sound of grizedale as a first race :-)

cheers

rob
  • SiLanc
    SiLanc Posts: 180
    I did the sister race to the Grizedale Challenge earlier this year, very good....very tough. But if you ride fairly regular you'll be fine...if you want to be in the top 25% though, you'll have to work hard :)

http://www.xcenduro.co.uk/racing/races/2009/wc_2009.asp
    Lap by lap analysis, videos, photos, race reports and a map of race locations www.xcenduro.co.uk
  • ha ha top 25, i have no aim to be up there just yet, that would require loads more training!

rob
  • Jon8a
    Jon8a Posts: 235
    The bike place organise some enduros up at Kielder. Last one of the year is in October.

Selkirk Merida is in just under a year. That's a very good event.

Pop over to www.Midaircrisis.co.uk the website of Newcastle mountainbike club. We do all sorts of stuff throughout the year and enter teams into some of these things at various levels. We also ride every Thursday night and Sunday if you want to join us.
  • Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Alu/Carbon, 2011
    Specialized Stumpjumper, 07
    Genisis Altitude 30, 09
    Giant XTC4, 04