TT position/set-up help needed!

joeyhalloran
joeyhalloran Posts: 1,076
edited August 2009 in Amateur race
Hi, i recently got a second hand spesh transition. I've been playing around for a couple of weeks with the position and i just can't get it 100% comfortable. I am either sitting right on the nose and...well...going numb or sitting further back on the saddle on my sit bones and feeling like i am not quite in the right position over the pedals. My seat is already very far forward so can't just slide that forward (think it might already be past the UCI 5 cm rule :S). Any advice? Is it the saddle? its a stock saddle but the bikes cost quite a bit new so would expect a half decent one.

Thanks in advance!!!

Comments

• Gavin Gilbert
    Gavin Gilbert Posts: 4,019
    Try tilting the saddle forward a touch and raising the height by about 5mm from your road position.
  • SBezza
    SBezza Posts: 2,173
    Don't worry about the UCI 5cm rule, unless you enter a UCI event, the majority of events in the UK are CTT events, and don't have the same rules.

As Gavin has said try tilting the nose slightly, most TT'ers will end up perched on the nose when giving it everything, hence why TT/Tri specific saddles are more padded at the nose.
  • joeyhalloran
    Thanks for the advice, i have tilted the nose forward a bit, and it has got slightly better but its still not comfortable to be sitting on the nose for the duration of a TT.
  • SBezza
    SBezza Posts: 2,173
    Perhaps the saddle isn't the one for you. I use a normal road saddle, and sit mainly on the nose, it is more comfortable than the saddle on my road bike.

If you still are not entirely happy, perhaps a bike fitting might be required.
  • joeyhalloran
    I had a more extensive move about today and happily did my 5x5min intervals with no problem at all so now all thats left is to see if its as comfy with 20-25 mins in the tt position with no breaks (fingers crossed for good weather on thursday!)...Thanks guys!
  • Hi

If you are still struggling, go and see these chaps http://bikedynamics.co.uk/feedback.htm They seem to know what they are talking about and worked for me.