Sorry posting again

hi

I'm not sure if this will be allowed but figured i'd give it a go!

Sorry for reposting, I posted this in the wrong place!

Myself and my fellow podium girl are riding the London Tour Ride on September 19th; neither of us are regular cyclists but really want to do well and make loads of money. So I am trying to gather as much sposorship money and kit that we use and then auction off to make more money for The Prostate Cancer Charity.
Also as the ride is relatively small (20K) any tips on the training sessions we should be taking beforehand?
If any of you can help please go to our link below or message me on here!

http://www.prostatecancercharity.org.uk/thepodiumgirls

Many Thanks!

Angel x

Comments

• LeighB
    LeighB Posts: 326
    Advice for a non cyclist training for a 20K ride would be to simply ride your bike as often as you can. The problem most new starters have (well the one’s I have seen) are badly set up bikes; I would recommend you get a legitimate cyclist to have a look at your bike set up as you often see people with the saddle set far too low and gears that don’t change correctly.
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    This thread is pointless without pictures!!! (which for some reason I can't link to :cry: )
    LeighB wrote:
    Advice for a non cyclist training for a 20K ride would be to simply ride your bike as often as you can. The problem most new starters have (well the one’s I have seen) are badly set up bikes; I would recommend you get a legitimate cyclist to have a look at your bike set up as you often see people with the saddle set far too low and gears that don’t change correctly.
    ...and get a saddle that'll support the 'sitting bones' on your pelvis. Inflate your tyres to the correct pressure.
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • I agree about getting a proper cyclist to look over your bike. My first few hundred miles commuting was done with a brake pad rubbing. I never even noticed until I fixed it, all of a sudden I was flying along.

And again, just get out and ride your bike - it's not just for the fitness, but also for getting used to actually sitting on the thing for the time you'll be riding.

Good luck.