Bruse to Caisse

jim one
jim one Posts: 183
edited August 2009 in Pro race
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/brusegh ... e-depargne

Anyone see him going there?? I certainly didn't but perhaps he wants to go back into his domestique job now he has realised he cant improve on his giro podium.

I suppose its better to pace Valverde or whoever their leader will be next year over a failing Cunego :wink:

Comments

• calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    2years at 370k for a rider his age? Rearrange the words arm, off, bite.

Does this meanCaisse have a sponsor lined up post 2010 I wonder?

Strava is not Zen.
  • Not necessarily. I was reading an old article the other day with Brice Feillu and he said he'd signed a two year contract with Agritubel last year.
  • JC.152
    JC.152 Posts: 645
    so lampre have lost Ballen and Brusegin now its all down to cunego next year :wink:
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    JC.152 wrote:
    so lampre have lost Ballen and Brusegin now its all down to cunego next year :wink:

I think he will be going to Team Sky.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    JC.152 wrote:

Ballan may be staying after all. He said at the Tour of Poland that Mario Galbusera (the owner of Lampre) had stepped in to offer him a 2 year contract;

http://www.gazzetta.it/Ciclismo/07-08-2 ... 7134.shtml

Bruseghin to CdE seems like a good fit to me. He had 3 years at ONCE, and as jim says, he is probably better suited to being a top quality super-domestique than an unreliable co-leader.

He'd also add a lot to CdE's TTT efforts next year.
  • hommelbier
    hommelbier Posts: 1,555
    Along with another recent signing, Moreau, perhaps this the beginning of a strong team to challenge for next year's TdF bulit around the possible arrival of Contador.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,481
    afx237vi wrote:
    Bruseghin to CdE seems like a good fit to me. He had 3 years at ONCE, and as jim says, he is probably better suited to being a top quality super-domestique than an unreliable co-leader.
    He had three years at Banesto, not ONCE. Essentially this is him going back to the team he started as a pro with.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    andyp wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:
    He had three years at Banesto, not ONCE. Essentially this is him going back to the team he started as a pro with.

Oops, my mistake.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    It's not all about finding the right fit and returning to his roots, apparently he's on north of €300,000 :shock:
  • jim one
    jim one Posts: 183
    Kléber wrote:
    It's not all about finding the right fit and returning to his roots, apparently he's on north of €300,000 :shock:

€300 000 for a rider of his calibre doesnt seem like a silly amount to me though although I suppose his age comes into it. Does anyone have a list of the top riders and their salaries??

I remember Jorg Jacksche saying he was on over €500 000 and he was a good rider but nothing special. Also Sinkewitz was on something around €600 000 a year before he was banned which struck me as a lot for a rider of his calibre. With the credit crunch I guess wages come down as more riders fight for fewer spots but I seem to be out of date with wages!!