Radioshack

nick hanson
nick hanson Posts: 1,655
edited August 2009 in Pro race
I do wonder if they will actually get a ride at next years TDF
20 teams max
Seems 16 existing are already given a guaranteed spot,leaves 4 chasing 'wildcard'
places.
Team sky certainly aren't guaranteed a ride,& it seems they are going about things in a professional manner.
Radioshack might have their work cut out,when you think how LA hasn't endeered himself to the french,& I would imagine Bernard Hinault won't be championing their cause?
so many cols,so little time!

Comments

• Slow1972
    Slow1972 Posts: 362
    The french may not like him but they also know how much bigger the viewing figures were worldwide with his return this year, they'll get in.

I would have thought it'll be a bigger problem for Team Sky
  • stagehopper
    stagehopper Posts: 1,593
    Slow1972 wrote:
    The french may not like him but they also know how much bigger the viewing figures were worldwide with his return this year, they'll get in.

I would have thought it'll be a bigger problem for Team Sky

Not with the way they've been PRing Prudhomme and the ASO for the 9 months before Team Shack was announced.
  • donrhummy
    donrhummy Posts: 2,329
    Oh, they'll DEFINITELY get a ride. Even Prudhomme acknowledged how much Lance increased their audience, media coverage, etc. And of course he said this:
    'We haven't decided which teams will be invited next year but, looking ahead, a team with Contador, another with Armstrong and another one with the Schleck brothers would be sensational.'
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    20 teams max
    Seems 16 existing are already given a guaranteed spot,leaves 4 chasing 'wildcard'
    places.
    Team sky certainly aren't guaranteed a ride,& it seems they are going about things in a professional manner.
    Radioshack might have their work cut out,when you think how LA hasn't endeered himself to the french,& I would imagine Bernard Hinault won't be championing their cause?

Radioshack are absolute certainties to be in the TDF, ASO would like nothing better than a bitter war between AC and Lance and a few others.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • Arkibal
    Arkibal Posts: 850
    Moray Gub wrote:
    20 teams max
    places.

Radioshack are absolute certainties to be in the TDF, ASO would like nothing better than a bitter war between AC and Lance and a few others.

like Astana last year?
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    Arkibal wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:
    20 teams max
    places.

like Astana last year?

I must have missed Lance riding for Astana last year and having a bitter feud with AC............gonna fill me in with gory details then ?
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !