does any one know how good coed y brenin?

mtb rules
mtb rules Posts: 46
edited August 2009 in MTB rides
Im going for a holiday just by coed y brenin and ijyst wondered if it was any good and if the hfacilitys are any good. Also do you know if they do any training days were you go of with a group of people and ride together. Also is the dual slalom course any good because i would love to try it but i doent know whether i would be able to do because i havent got any pitection accept my helmet.
thanks,
ben
hi mountain bikers
hope your ok and enjoy riding

Comments

• delcol
    delcol Posts: 2,848
    first off.

the facilitys are good they have the usual shop cafe bike wash toilets ect..

c,y,b is awesome it's well worth a trip.. not sure on the group ride but i'm prety sure there will be someone who will let you tag along, mtbers are usually a friendly bunch..

i don't know about the dual slalom course i never seen it when i went..

spend a day or two there you won't regret it,.. there's others in that area to penmach aint to far and the climachx to...
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    Take a look here:
    http://www.mbwales.com/en/content/cms/C ... renin.aspx
    I could be wrong but i don't think the dual slalom course is there anymore.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Dual course is still there, but is in a terrible state of disrepair. You'd probably be hard pressed to make it out if you hadn't seen it properly years ago.
    For the curious, it's on the other side of the road to the new cafe, right next to the upper carpark of the old cafe/center from Sian and Dafydd's days.

You go alongside it on the "tarw" trail for a short while.

Anyway, as for the trails? they're excellent, but fairly gnarly. Massive climbs, and tough, techy singletrack sections are Coedy's raison d'etre.

As far as I know, there's no skills courses.
  • RZASKAR
    RZASKAR Posts: 60
    Check out this forum, theres always people up for a ride at CYB and loads of locals on there to answer any quesions :D

www.mbnw.co.uk
  • Anonymous
    Or there's locals right here on this very forum. Quit spamming.

Just took a new rider for his first ever ride round coedy today. Had a great time.
  • RZASKAR
    Not spamming m8 im helping the man out by telling him about a North Wales specific forum where there is far more info on Noth Wales than there will ever be on here. Theres almost 400 local riders talking about mountain bikeing in North wales, you should check it out :D
  • Anonymous
    I did, it was pretty dead, didn't bother again.
  • RZASKAR
    Can i Feel a touch of envy, seems to me that we have far better info on North Wales than you missrible old man :D As for being pretty dead, i reckon you must have been on the wrong forum m8 :?
  • Anonymous
    RZASKAR wrote:
    Can i Feel a touch of envy, seems to me that we have far better info on North Wales than you missrible old man :D As for being pretty dead, i reckon you must have been on the wrong forum m8 :?
    I've been living in and riding in north Wales for the best part of 30 years. Born and raised here. Never did grow up though :wink:

I checked the forum a while ago, and the most recent post was about 8 months previous. Have things changed since then? have you stolen enough traffic from other websites?

Why not just share your information with users of this site? Got some kind of chip on your shoulder about your place?
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    mtb rules wrote:
    I i havent got any pitection accept my helmet.
    make sure its a good one and maybe get some pads, i go fully loaded! it can get a bit gnarley up there!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • RZASKAR
    RZASKAR wrote:
    I've been living in and riding in north Wales for the best part of 30 years. Born and raised here. Never did grow up though :wink:

I checked the forum a while ago, and the most recent post was about 8 months previous. Have things changed since then? have you stolen enough traffic from other websites?

Why not just share your information with users of this site? Got some kind of chip on your shoulder about your place?

Think you must have been on a diffrent forum m8, ours has only been going a year and has been really busy every day since it was set up. Also i am not stealing trafic from other forums im just trying to get all the people in North Wales together in one place. Its not about me not wanting to share my info on here, i just know that if the question is posted on our forum that it would have a lot better response as everyone on the forum is from North Wales and not from all over the place like on here.
  • Anonymous
    I had a look at the site, and it isn't one I've seen before, so apologies for that.
    But if you think "all the people in North Wales" are together in one place? bloody hell. Everyone wants their own forum these days. I've seen dozens of them come and go, all promising to be the one true faith for north wales.

Why lock people away on their own forum anyway, do you think we should build also wall just north of Dolgellau, and along the English border?

Being a Welshman, the insular nature of us Welsh really annoys me.

The nice thing about this place is that people come from all over. That, as far as I'm concerned, is a GOOD thing.
    Mountain biking crosses nationality, race, creed, and social boundaries. Don't segregate us pointlessly.
  • RZASKAR
    I had a look at the site, and it isn't one I've seen before, so apologies for that.
    But if you think "all the people in North Wales" are together in one place? bloody hell. Everyone wants their own forum these days. I've seen dozens of them come and go, all promising to be the one true faith for north wales.

Why lock people away on their own forum anyway, do you think we should build also wall just north of Dolgellau, and along the English border?

Being a Welshman, the insular nature of us Welsh really annoys me.

The nice thing about this place is that people come from all over. That, as far as I'm concerned, is a GOOD thing.
    Mountain biking crosses nationality, race, creed, and social boundaries. Don't segregate us pointlessly.

I think you have completly miss understood me, what we are trying to do is to create a place with a wealth of North Wales related info as currently there is no where out there that offers that. Also its a place for arranging rides, we often get people from out of the area coming on to the forum asking about the riding and more often than not we end up meeting up with them and taking them riding on the brillaint natural trails we have in North Wales rather then just point them in the direction of the trail centres. If you would take the time to actually have a proper look around the forum then you would realise what it was all about and you wouldne be ranting on about segration and boundaries, we are here to promote the sport in North Wales and to welcome people in to the area.

MBNW is a non profit website that has been set up for everyones benifit and is here to stay :D
  • Anonymous
    Do you sell vacum cleaners, or bibles as well?
    Can you not tell I'm not interested? You still seem to be trying to convince me.
  • rhyko7
    rhyko7 Posts: 781
    i rode the beast a couple weeks ago, even tho it had been raining cats and dogs for the previous week the track still rolled fast, facilities are good too.
    its the best trail i have rode, thought it was even better than Brechfra or on a par at least, nice long flowing sections, really enjoyed it!
    Dont look at it-ride it! they are tools not f*cking ornaments

my riding:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/rhyspect

Some of my Rides Data/maps:
    http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/Users/527337