UCI travellers club

Funguspunt
Funguspunt Posts: 33
Anybody managed to join this? I tried on line but was not taken off to payment screen. Site seems a little out of date too so perhaps it has folded.

Comments

• Pat Mqdeeds a member (apparently).

He gets to travel all over the world for the UCI on matters pertaining to cycle racing.
  • I got to a payments screen, paid, had the money debitted from my account, but have received nothing so far. That was 6 weeks ago

Emailed the contact address about 2 weeks ago. No reply

Beginning to get concerned.

Would appreciate if any of the C+ staff or anyone else on here can provide assistance.
    Why the name? Like the Hobbit I don't shave my legs
  • i can't believe anybody is giving money to the UCI..............
  • i can't believe anybody is giving money to the UCI..............

Both your contributions to this thread have been totally off topic.

Any chance you can add something constructive?
  • felgen
    felgen Posts: 829
    I got an out of office email from them saying someone would be back this week when I enquired, but yeah, I couldnt even get to the payment screen. I need to get sorted as I want to make sure I get into QB next year and I might well be in NZ for the Taupo cycle challenge.
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    2)Nelson Pista Singlespeed
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Any chance you can add something constructive?

Yes apologies. It's just that I don't like the UCI at all - as you've gathered.Corrupt and feeble attempts to catch drug cheats. But tahst just my view.

Mind you the fact that they've taken your money and no comms isn't good for thier reputation.
  • As a quick update - this morning I got my UCI Travellers Club passport and jersey in the post so it came good eventually. For anyone applying, they make their jerseys 'small', so don't go down a size as I quite often do.
  • felgen
    felgen Posts: 829
    Hmm, yes I got a reply from them, and I thought I would go for an XL jersey. Did anyone else get the online payment thing to work though?
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    2)Nelson Pista Singlespeed
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • freddy2
    freddy2 Posts: 30
    I applied on-line and got my Tshirt and passport two days ago. I did it a few weeks ago but the delay was because someone was on holiday. Liked the Jersey but agree they are on the small side.

Now I'll be entering that Spanish event with the unpronounceable name.
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    apart from the jersey what else does the club entitle you to ?
  • Looks like they have now go tthe Paypal working, however, got to there and was told I could not pay with my card that I have registered wiht them. Instead was asked ot register a bank account which involves a lot of kerfuffling as they put two small amounts of money in your account which you then have to look up on your statement and tell them in order to verify its really your account. Can't be bothered with that, however, not sure whether its a Paypal issue of an issue with UCI not wanting to accept credit cards through Paypal - but can't understand that.......

Confused.