Audax: Supremo's South Coast Sportive 100

David-Witts
David-Witts Posts: 80
Hi, anyone doing this and know what OS maps are needed? thanks for any help Davy

Comments

• zoomcp
    zoomcp Posts: 975
    Hi, anyone doing this and know what OS maps are needed? thanks for any help Davy

yes I'm doing it for the 2nd time and also did the even harder 177km version in April; you'll hardly need a map it doesn't ever go more than about 10km form the start but the route is Hailsham- Eastbourne- High and Over- Firle Beacon and return repeating all the climbs including High and Over 3 times if that helps
  • Many Thanks OS map 198 & 199 Just hope Smiths have them on the shelf. I've not ridden Firle or High and Over, so it looks as if its going to be tough. I was hoping to use it as a tough training ride for Burgess hill sportive later in the month. Davy
  • zoomcp
    zoomcp Posts: 975
    I think with the exception of Cob Lane just before Ardingly it's probably harder than the Burgess Hill ride; the hardest hill is actually Butts Brow which you do at the beginning and then the end; although the last time is rewarded with copious tea and cake by Dave
  • Well that was the hardest ride I've done, Butts Brow? ( someone found a wall, spread some tarmac on it and called it a road! ). If I ever do this again I'm going to need much lower gears. Funny that sitting at the feed on the top of Butts Brow, did I realise whilst recovering that there was a fantastic view.
    :o