Classic Ricco

richard wants a baum
edited August 2009 in Pro race
"It's better I don't talk to avoid saying something bad. The rules almost don't exist in cycling," Riccò said.

Cant wait till the twit is racing again and we can expect these gem quotes on a regular basis.
Take care of the luxuries and the necessites will take care of themselves.

Comments

• bikerZA
    bikerZA Posts: 314
    He is a complete idiot. Luckily we've still got another year of peace before he makes his comeback.. Hopefully he'll be banned again shortly after.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    He confessed to what he did and said he'll return with humility. That's a lot better than most others.

Ricco is young enough and brash enough to actually make a go of his comeback. Kinda like David Millar.
  • jon208
    jon208 Posts: 335
    .......he's still got a face you'd never tire of punching!
  • jon208 wrote:
    .......he's still got a face you'd never tire of punching!

Saw him on the Petit St Bernard on the day of the Tour stage this year adn yes, he does look like a bleached blonde rat.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • JC.152
    JC.152 Posts: 645
    i prefer his kind of racing even if it was drugged up

but he got caught a couple of times as a junior for doping as well as now so it might be hard for him to change his ways
  • OK, it's now granfondos for him from now on.
  • northernneil
    northernneil Posts: 1,549
    said he'll return with humility

Not really heard much humility or remorse from him, I seem to find that there is a difference between david miller who obviously deeply regretted his actions, went off the rails because of them then turned himself around and fought very hard to make up for what he did - and people like ricco who just seem pissed off they got caught,