bike buddies in the preston area ?

mccmarc
mccmarc Posts: 57
edited August 2009 in MTB rides
HI
am looking for some local bike buddies am 40 in preston area so have easy access to witton park rivington gisburn and Lee Quarry

Am pretty newish to mountain biking but have done the basic and intermediatary course just ot build my skills up

so if any one fancys it of course with beers afterwards please give me a shout

Mac

Comments

• craig74
    craig74 Posts: 1
    Hi there,

I live in Skipton which is about 30 miles from you so not really local but i do go to Lee Quarry and Gisburn a lot. If you fancy meeting up thats fine with me. I am actually going to Lee Quarry this Sunday with a mate if you want to come. I dont have access to a pc much so if you want to text/call me the number is 07919 405949

Cheers, Craig
  • I'm up in the Lakes if you ever venture that far North.

The riding isn't too bad round here too :D
  • Must have just driven past you today going to Staveley. Did 30 miles, and if you're new to mountain biking it would have put you off - it put me off!!!! Bludie awful weather. Having said that I might be out on Weds afternoon if I can switch my jobs about, let me know if you're free, I need an excuse. Won't be riding trail centres anywhere; natural XC if that interests you. (And I ain't too proud to walk - up or down!)
    Generally Lakes/Dales/Pennines, 30/35 miles or so in summer, maybe a bit less in winter. Rivi is my fall back area when I can't decide where else to go. PM if interested.
    Frank Yates
  • sparrowlegs78
    sparrowlegs78 Posts: 2,583
    Marc,
    Sorry for not getting intouch lately, we've not been out on the bikes as much as we'd like to have with one thing or another :(.....I feel awful that we've not spoke or anything since we went out round Witton :oops:
    Hope you are ok,
    Caz and Richie x
  • JxL
    JxL Posts: 383
    Marc - we are doing Rivington ride on wednesday, usually meet in chorley at 6.30 and at Lower Barn at 7pm ish.

Should be quite a few people if weather isnt too shitty.

0 77950 65694
  • mccmarc
    Hey caz long time

how ya doing i been getting out and about recently even did a course

look forward to meeting up SOON

JXL cheers bud i cant make it this week

but i will get out soon
  • mccmarc
    if any one is up for it my number is

• You missed a good ride this afternoon over Top Withins. Hard tail heaven!
    Frank Yates
  • sparrowlegs78
    sparrowlegs78 Posts: 2,583
    Marc,
    we are hoping to get out this Sunday if Richie's back is ok...it's a bit dodgy at the mo...but if it's ok we'll probs be trying Gisburns new trails out.
    Caz xxx
  • abs777
    abs777 Posts: 30
    hi marc............ am abs live in belmont if you ever fancy evenin or weekend ride drop us a line............. will ride whatever the weather
    cube reaction k18
  • delcol
    delcol Posts: 2,848
    i'm not to far from preston, and frequent rivington area usually on a sat afternoon, and various trips on sundays lee quarry gisburn, lakes, or wales ,dales...

could hook up with you if you were out and about.
  • mccmarc
    abs777
    Nice one every body

well i have lots of time of in the weeks so can get out for a morning or afternoon if any one is interested