da bomb hub help

Orange Jekyll
Orange Jekyll Posts: 14
edited August 2009 in MTB workshop & tech
hiya can anyone please help i've just bought a set of da bomb wheels with head spin hubs the front hub is compatable with qr or 20 mm thru axle im using forks that use the 20mm axle but my problem is the front hub is set up as qr and not 20 mm axle does anyone know how you take the qr out so i can fit the 20mm axle which came with the wheels too.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    photos of the bit you have?

the 20mm axle should not have come with the wheels as the axles are fork specific.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Don't quite follow: can you cut it down into sentances?

You want to convert the hub from 9mm QR to 20mm screw though?
  • nicklouse
    this is what you should have

hs-f20e-zoom.jpg

you will need to unscrew (at a guess) the Qr ends and then remove the silver qr axle.

then the 20 cups just sit in the openings and are held there when you fit you fork axle.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • this is a pic of what i got as you can see it came with the qr and i wont to remove the qr and use the 20 mm instead
  • ooops how do u upload pics?
  • nicklouse
    have a look in the BR FAQs
  • LargeImage.aspx?ModelID=28409  thats the link of the hubs only differance is the ones i have are white
  • Ding dong just had another go at the hubs and tried unscrewing them and yeehaa i now have 20mm upfront thank you for your help guys :D
  • nicklouse
    for info for the next time posting links to parts that are not your is of ZERO help.

next time if help is required and pics are require post your pics then a problem may be seen.

Posting CRCs pics is no help. :wink: