Pro Team Sponsorship and personal shopping choices

Finbar Saunders
Finbar Saunders Posts: 299
edited July 2009 in The bottom bracket
As cycling fans does pro team sponsorship influence what you buy? As I see it there are two levels; the cycling specific stuff like bikes, equipment, nutrition etc and the non-cycling stuff like flooring, coffee makers, banks etc. I have a number of pieces of Columbia clothing but I bought most of those before they got into team sponsorship and my main reason for choosing those was that they make really good outdoor wear. I also have an HTC phone but again chosen before they sponsored a team. My Garmin Edge 705 was bought after the team was formed but it's not like I had a lot of choice there. I've got Sky, but nothing to do with cycling sponsorship. I sometimes shop at Halfords. But to be honest, I can't say that I've really been influenced by sponsorship. Anyone else?
No-one wanted to eat Patagonia Toothfish so they renamed it Chilean Sea Bass and now it's in danger of over fishing!

Comments

• CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    I saw a Zipvit advert in Procycling - they're a sponsor of Cervelo - and checked it out. Their 'Recovery Box' offer was on so I bought it and have subsequently bought more stuff. So yeah, I think I was swayed a bit.