Quantocks DH

fowlero
fowlero Posts: 2
edited August 2009 in MTB rides
Hey,

I've been at uni in southampton for a year now, previously i rode up the quantocks quite reguarly but xc. After going the alps this year i've gotten a second hand dh bike and i remember there being some dh trails around triscombe near the carpark.

The only one i can remember the exact location of is the one past the gate that starts in where the fir/pine trees were. Is that one still there and are there others about at all?

cheers!
donkeys

Comments

• sharki
    sharki Posts: 14
    Oppps!

Bit late this reply but yes there's quite a few in that area, in fact pretty much that's the DH area

The one you mention is the original and still there, if you pass the entrance to that and follow the fence line for about 5 mins you'll se a grassy trail heading up and to the left, look out for trail head there.

And from the car park back at the begining, pick up the singletrack running parallell to the road(right side) and lok out for the various trail heads off to the right, they all split off in various direction, these are more open and flowy, those on the other side of the valley are slower, steeper and tighter, generally more technical in a rooty off camber way.