east sussex/ eastbourne riders

gnarly-ass-rider
gnarly-ass-rider Posts: 66
edited October 2009 in MTB rides
are there any on this forum ?
anyone ride round friston that kinda area???

Comments

• breezer
    breezer Posts: 1,225
    check out http://www.sketchymtb.co.uk/ I ride up there quite a lot, did a downs/Friston loop couple of weekends back
  • breezer
    I see your trail off Butts lane. There is a really long old DH run in there which was in a poor state last year and would be good to reserect. If you go to the car park at the top then turn round and roll back down theres that gate on your right which goes down that hill with the dirt jumps at the bottom. Just as you go through the gate, go into the undergrowth on your left, the run starts there and zig zags all the way down over one footpath then continues to the main one at the bottom which comes out further down butts lane

Infact it looks like you are using the bottom half of it. Go in from the top and follow it if you can, will be in a bad way now but theres one ridiculous bit with a hairpin right that ive never ridden, drops away then over a fallen tree
  • gnarly-ass-rider
    gnarly-ass-rider Posts: 66
    edited July 2009
    haha yes I built that top to bottom lol
    thats the one that I ride on my dh bike, if I may ask how did you find it ? as I made the enterance very well hiden ! lol As you were talking about the hairpin right, dont take that line, and just go straight and theres an easier line to get round. Also have you seen my new hip jump ? Its about 15 meters from the gate. I think thats on the thread too.

Join my forum, and you'll see the updates and stuff on trails around here :D
  • any other sussex worriors around ???
  • breezer
    Ironically I wandered into the undergrowth by the start on a XC ride to have a p1ss and spotted it LOL.

Not been in there this year although rode down the path after the gate couple of weeks back. I avoid jumps so wont be going near the one you mention but will check it out next time im up there and try that other route you mention.

Are you aware of the downhill tracks the other end, dirt jumps and pump track which is awesome although not when its been wet as its on chalk! Look in satellite view in Google Earth for Link Road eastbourne just off Paradise Drive, just to the left you can see the dirt jumps and a big water container thing, DH runs are further up
  • yep
    i also ride in paradise. pretty awesome, have you riden the dh runs ?
  • breezer
    Only the top bit, not the steep drop into the berm then off another drop, I stick to xc! Did lap the pump track a few times when it was dry without pedalling
  • hi , im a south east rider! ride up paradise and friston also found that dh track you where talking about i think up from the dirt jumps needs a bit of love. i was thinking of trying to organise a dh race up at paradise? you think there will be any takers ? :?

thanks
  • Be interested in the track off Butts lane if anyone wants to meet up been using Friston have a van for trips further afield
  • mrfmilo
    mrfmilo Posts: 2,250
    edited October 2009
    <?:><
  • riding this sunday at friston for the first time, anyone want to meet up?