Thumbs up for Bontrager/Trek Customer Service

Escargot
Escargot Posts: 361
edited July 2009 in Road buying advice
As the title says really. I bought a £20 Bontrager Air Rush Mini Co2 pump a few months back and the rubber retaining strap is already badly perished.

I contacted what I thought was Bontrager/Trek UK and asked how I could get a replacement. The chap said he'd send one to me for free so I gave him my postal address. To my surprise it arrived today all the way from the USA costing $10 postage. What I didn't realise was that he sent me the entire bracket+strap saving me from having to fiddle about with the rubber (not for the first time :oops: ).

Ok so its not a huge customer service issue but I was very impressed that the chap went to such lengths instead of palming me off to another office in the UK.

Top stuff Bontrager/Trek !!

Comments

• disney
    disney Posts: 51
    I will use this opportunity to praise my local Trek dealer. Not only do Trek honour the 5 year guarantee, but the local dealers will go the extra mile to give very helpful advice with no thought of a sale.
    My wheels crack yet again for the second time. I phone , I exchange them for a third new set.No quibble, even if I as a 'Clyde heavy' may give the wheels a rough time.. That is not only service but makes the guarantee superb and also makes me a lifelong Trek cyclist who will buy again. The dealer is Active at Folkestone in Kent. I do not have any tie in with the dealer etc but I would suggest they are an example of what a top lbs should be.