Clothing!

DanielleT
DanielleT Posts: 259
edited August 2009 in Women
Hi,

I'm looking for a bike shop that actually sells womens cycle clothes?? Everywhere i've been in locally has tons of blokes stuff but then a tiny section of womens with oddly sized pieces left! I'm in East Yorkshire (Hull to be specific) don't mind a drive to get to somewhere decent.

I would buy off the internet but I prefer trying stuff on before buying!

Cheers!

D .x.
delightfully dangerous!

Comments

• mea00csf
    mea00csf Posts: 558
    to be honest i'd order online. I tend to work out which size it think i need, then order that size and the size above and size below. I also tend to order a couple of different styles. Whack it on a credit card then try on at home. My orders are usually a couple of hundred pounds but all except the one or two items i want to keep gets sent back.
    The Distance Selling Regs are great :lol:

The best place i've found to try on have been Evans cycles. Not sure if you have one near you but they have tended to have the largest amount of womens clothing
  • DanielleT
    Yea think i'm going to have to end up doing that.

I'm off up to the Evans at York tomorrow to have a look, i've been to the one at Castleford and they had a fair bit in compared to everywhere else, just its a bit of a boring drive on the M62!!

delightfully dangerous!
  • If you're buying online try minx - minx-girl.com. Great clothes and Debbie, who runs it, is really helpful on sizing. I get everything from there :)
  • Loeka
    Loeka Posts: 2
    Try Loeka.com we are a womens specific clothing company with stores in the UK and you can buy from CRC. Check our dealers and distributors page for exact locations.
  • I have the loeka pinstripe shorts (got from Minx last year) :) They're really comfy and strong, not showing any signs of wear after a lot of use! Would def recommend. Not got any jerseys but they look great.
  • DanielleT
    Thanks everyone, I shall take a look at those sites. I went up to evans at york, got a few pieces, but again there was only a tiny section for womens specific clothing. Shall most likely get my things off internet from now on.

delightfully dangerous!
  • MrsMoo
    MrsMoo Posts: 22
    Sombrio make really nice ladies clothes, alwaysriding.co.uk is a good website, some good bargains on there. Although so far got all my stuff off Ebay, got Sombrio shorts & 2 jerseys (brand new) from there for £30 in total ! But I did find it really hard to find clothes at first, lots of searching required!
  • gb2gw
    gb2gw Posts: 81
    mea00csf wrote:
    to be honest i'd order online. I tend to work out which size it think i need, then order that size and the size above and size below. I also tend to order a couple of different styles. Whack it on a credit card then try on at home. My orders are usually a couple of hundred pounds but all except the one or two items i want to keep gets sent back.
    The Distance Selling Regs are great :lol:

This is what I end up doing too - recently ordered over 300 quid's worth of clothes from the lovely Debbie at Minx-girl!! Had a mammoth trying-on sesh and ultimately bought two bits worth a hundred quid and sent the rest back. Really like the individual attention, help and advice you get from Debbie over and above the likes of CRC, Wiggle and Evans if I'm looking for something new and specific though. Really helps to have someone you can talk to and say 'I'm this tall, with this kind of build and want to do this sort of riding - what do you recommend?'. Brilliant.