Rockingham Forest Trail Northants?

hoff
hoff Posts: 14
edited August 2009 in MTB rides
I wonder if anyone can help.......I was speaking to someone recently who said there used to be a MTB trail at Rockingham Forest, Northampton, they said it was new about 10 years ago. I've searched Bikeradar and the interweb and can't find a trace of it. Anyone have any knowledge. failing that any good trails near Cambridge, Peterborough, Northants etc??

Comments

• Mr bump
    Mr bump Posts: 369
    Harlestone Firs in Northampton is good for a quick blast. :D
    Eagles may fly high but Weasels dont get sucked into jet engines.

http://is.pinkbike.com/photo/4466/pbpic4466217.jpg
  • BorisSpencer
    BorisSpencer Posts: 786
    Lots of small bits and pieces. Harlestone Firs, Salcey Forest, Irchester CP, Brigstock CP, Fineshades. Then you've got Pitsford, Grafham, and Brampton Vally.
    All these are more family or very small. There is a fairly large group of riders around Peterborough who are on here.
    Northwind wrote: It's like I covered it in superglue and rode it through ebay.
  • mbrfan
    mbrfan Posts: 239
    Don't make the mistake of thinking Rockingham Forest is a large wood with lots of trails in it!
    As BS says, there's lots of little pieces dotted around, but to make a decent route, you need to get the OS map out and link up some bridleways with short pieces of minor road. I'm afraid P'boro lacks stunning valleys and long tracts of wooded wilderness.

There are times when I regret getting bored of living near Swinley..........
  • hi guys fancy a 2hr xc loop taking in wakerley, fineshades and barroweden this weekend?
  • mbrfan
    Ordinarily I'd say yes but.....

I shall be doing the Marin Trail I hope with Chris on Saturday, walking up Cadair idris on the Sunday before possibly one of the Coed y Brenin trails Monday morning......with some beers in between.

It's going to be great! Sorry............. :P
  • mbrfan
    By the way Mike I did Follow the Dog on Sunday - very good. Still on to do Long Mynd in Sept?
  • Hi Mike - Are you thinking of Saturday or Sunday and where were you thinking of starting from? Top Lodge at Fineshade would be a good for me....
    Andy
  • either would suit me am preffered wakerley has no parking fees
  • How about Sunday at 9:00am in the Wakerly Woods car park? I need to be home by 1:00pm so that should leave plenty of time.
  • Hi Andy,
    9.00am Wakerley car park suits me fine, see you then.
    Mike
  • Thanks for showing me round this morning Mike - I particularly enjoyed the second loop through Wakerley Woods....
    Andy