Dalby - Riding Tiimes for Red Route ???

55NF
55NF Posts: 111
edited August 2009 in MTB general
Did Dalby today for the first time. I know many here will have done it umpteen times, but just wanted to see what times others have done the Red route in ?

I completed it in 2 hours 33 mins ........... Is that mediocre ?

Comments

• tubaonwheels
    tubaonwheels Posts: 448
    I did it on Monday with my son Ben in 2 hours 37 mins..
    First time for us also.
  • MrNero50
    MrNero50 Posts: 13
    That's good, both of the above posters (well I think it is, the girlfriend and I usually do it in about 3 and half :oops: )!!!
    In our defence though we do take it easy and usually stop at the top of the large climb and are both smokers.
  • 55NF
    Must be about average then. I only stopped for 5 mins to shelter from torrential rain,....... found it a bit rough on a hardtail also.
  • brownix
    brownix Posts: 115
    was it the whole red??
  • Skonk
    Skonk Posts: 364
    Went to Dalby last weekend for the first time.

We'd left it a bit late though so didn't get chance to do the full red route, though we did waste some time on the 4x track and skinnies too.

Was a lot of fun, going to go this weekend hopefully and do the full red trail, will see how long it takes us if we manage it.
    Canyon Spectral AL 9.0 EX
    Planet X RT90 Ultegra Di2
  • tubaonwheels
    brownix wrote:
    was it the whole red??
    we certainly did the whole red, had the odd shower but all in all pretty good conditions, I had to wait for my son a few times towards the end, so could have been a bit quicker.
  • kitenski
    kitenski Posts: 218
    the full 24 miles in that time is pretty good in my book.
  • Airienteer
    Airienteer Posts: 695
    I go to Dalby quite a bit (once a month??). Anyway, if I'm just going for an easy ride, maybe 2:45, but my fastest is 1:51.......i was pushing it and I know the track very well!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    is dalby worth a visit?
  • tubaonwheels
    sheepsteeth
    I certainly thought so, I am very new to these sort of courses though.
  • Anonymous
    is there enough there for a couple of days worth of visit would you think?
  • MrNero50
    MrNero50 Posts: 13
    is there enough there for a couple of days worth of visit would you think?

Yes, the red is actually 4 seperate routes than can be joined to form one 32 km route. So you can do as much or as little of it as you like.
    There are also some nice short bits of the black route that you can do from the red if you're feeling adventurous!
  • tubaonwheels
    I'd say so, plus you could always venture over Newtondale way and explore that area if you tired of Dalby. I shall certainly be spending a weekend over there before the year is out.

Steve.
  • Anonymous
    cheers guys, all sounds promising.
  • birchy
    birchy Posts: 309
    2hrs 21mins, that was after riding up there from malton about 14.5 miles away, then riding back again took about 4hrs 30 mins (53 miles) door to door :twisted:
    Me and my mate are going for a sub 2hr one at some point soon :)
  • Biggus86
    Biggus86 Posts: 385
    birchy wrote:
    2hrs 21mins, that was after riding up there from malton about 14.5 miles away, then riding back again took about 4hrs 30 mins (53 miles) door to door :twisted:
    Me and my mate are going for a sub 2hr one at some point soon :)

Yea i was planning on doing the same but just getting train to seamer, havn't done it yet though :(
  • birchy
    birchy Posts: 309
    try it its good fun until i get on to the pickering road then its just head down and plug away the miles on the way back :lol:
  • 55NF
    brownix wrote:
    was it the whole red??

Yes that was the whole Red. Could have dont it a bit quicker but didn't know the track so I was a little cautious.

Definitly worth a visit and I'll be going again in a few weeks.

Doing Sherwood Pines next week to see how that compares.
  • i-drive
    i-drive Posts: 527
    average times .i have never ridden it flat out but on average it takes us betwwen 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
  • bluechair84
    bluechair84 Posts: 4,352
    Planning on Dalby tomorrow but time is limiting - has anyone got a map of the routes? From what's been said I might be able to tailor the ride to suit how fit I'm feeling...
  • 55NF
    Planning on Dalby tomorrow but time is limiting - has anyone got a map of the routes? From what's been said I might be able to tailor the ride to suit how fit I'm feeling...

You can pick up a free map from the Visitor Centre. Might be one on the net somwhere that can be printed.