2009 bike sales ?

ZENERGY
ZENERGY Posts: 31
edited August 2009 in MTB buying advice
hi, now that the 2010 bikes are are out i was wondering if there is a regular time when the 2009 bikes start to get nicely discounted. i am guessing it might be sept. i am looking for a cannondale carbon rush.

Comments

• stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    A lot of bikes have already sold out in the popular models and sizes you might not see too many discounted 2009 bikes. My local Trek dealer has got virtually no bikes left with delivery not expected for weeks.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • fletch8928
    fletch8928 Posts: 794
    ZENERGY

how much do you think might come off the price? saw 1 for £1400 (rush4)
    fly like a mouse, run like a cushion be the small bookcase!
  • ZENERGY
    ZENERGY Posts: 31
    thanks for replies :D i have just ordered in to check over ( carbon rush 4 ) downt to £1599 which isnt bad. guess i would kick myself if they all sold out and and next years are prices up or specs down.
    where was the rush 4 for £1400 ? i need an xl though
  • fletch8928
    fletch8928 Posts: 794
    my mistake. it was a spark 35 but i was looking for a rush . sorry :oops:
    fly like a mouse, run like a cushion be the small bookcase!
  • irvini
    irvini Posts: 44
    I've been reading one of the biggest problems this year for bike shops was stock shortage because:

1) Credit crunch meant bike companies didn't have cash to buy enough materials and make enough bikes
    2) Credit crunch meant bike shops couldn't afford to put big orders in for lots of bikes and gear.
    3) Cycle to Work scheme was such a huge success, stock was drained pretty quickly.

So don't expect to see too many bargains.

But that might just be all marketing rubbish to encourage us to panic and think things will run out so we buy stuff at full price.
    It's here it's now it's disappointingly lacking in any real knowledge, http://blogs.liverpoolecho.co.uk/acyclistslife/