Coed Y Brenin - A beginners visit

stevepj
stevepj Posts: 38
edited August 2009 in MTB beginners
Hi

I appreciate this should probably be in another section but i'm still new to MBRing so i'm going to post it here :-)

I'm off to Coed Y Brenin in October for a long weekend with a couple of mates, we're all of the same standard (newbie and old) and never been biking away from our home patch.

Has anybody got any tips/advice for this particular trail centre, is is newbie friendly?

Cheers
Steve
Why are all the parts i've upgraded on my bike, now standard on the latest model!!

Comments

• REMF
    REMF Posts: 106
    only done the MBR trail, but it is great fun and was still doable by me just after i restarted biking and was very unfit.
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    take plenty of water and maybe a snack or two, body armour is a good idea as is good waterproofs.
    the trails are great even if pissing down with rain for days. (and it does) but you wont notice it after a few hours in the saddle.
    its pointless me saying which trails to do as you know your level, but if you take the badger route through the bigforks at the begining you'll get a good idea of what to expect on those routes. the old redbull as we know it, has a lot of climbing but is a really mentally challinging ride and very technical. i love it.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • chrisga
    chrisga Posts: 587
    You'll have a great time, make sure you have some air in your tyres to stop pinch puncutres as it can be rocky in places. Take some innertubes just in case. You'll love it, its our favourite centre, was there only Monday and did Tarw again. Lovely trail. Pins and Needles section is amazing. If its your first tiem take it steady and you'll be fine. Thats the great thing about trail centres, the trails have been designed to be ridden so you know its all possible!
  • Mccraque
    Mccraque Posts: 819
    plenty of water......very remote when you're halfway. Also, as mentioned....ensure you have a tyre, some tyre boots, plenty of food and water...

Great ride there though.
  • OH NO Dan
    OH NO Dan Posts: 186
    I really want to go as well. Ive heard nothing but good things about the place! Im sure you will have an awesome weekend.
  • dickydulux
    dickydulux Posts: 111
    Did the Beast at Coed Y Brenin a few weeks back, first time I'd been.
    Straight a way you're into rocks which came as a shock :shock:.
    No chance to warm up first.
    Loads off climbing on the fireroads but the downhills made up for it.
    For the dropoffs and rocks need to go in commited and attack it :twisted:
    My mate got a snakebite puncture, so take spare tubes.
    Theres loads of different tracks which are quite well signposted but take a map if you can get one. My mate had a map(not sure where from) which came in handy.
    Maybe doing the MBR route next Thursday which should be a little easier than the beast. :P
    Even in the darkest of days, Churchill still rode his Spesh.
    th_specialized001-1.jpg
  • mhuk
    mhuk Posts: 327
    If you're riding all day make sure you get a big lunch at the cafe.

I'd only had my bike about 3 weeks and went to CYB with some friends for a few days - great fun but exhausting :)