Armstrong and Schumacher

2»

Comments

• attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    That was about as funny as watching Landis win the tour.

I'm just glad that Schuey went on to win properly without cheating. As for Hill, he did a better job than Coulthard in the same car. :twisted:
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    Yeah, it was hilirious seeing a professional sportsman endangering his fellow competitors :roll:
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    Pross wrote:
    Yeah, it was hilirious seeing a professional sportsman endangering his fellow competitors :roll:

You can roll your eyes all you want edangering fellow competitors happens in sport all the time Anyway the best thing about it all was the English media went apopletic with rage and the old anti german feeling which bubbles away under the surface was let loose for afew days..............all good fun.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    It must all be very confusing to the casual spectator.

'Schumacher is coming back to drive for Mercedes' say the headlines.

Err yes, except that 'Mercedes' is actually Brawn, not MacLaren Mercedes.

And Jenson Button, who won the 2009 championship in a Brawn, will be driving for MacLaren in 2010

Complicated or what - I can imagine the commentary team spending the first 15 minutes of each Grand Prix explaining all this...

Although it's probably no worse than Astana - Armstrong - RadioShack - Vino !
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Seriously - how physically fit do you need to be to drive a car? Strong neck - yes. Able to crank the steering wheel over - yes. Strong thumbs to shift gear - yes.

What am I missing?
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    You have to be fit enough to fit in the thing in the first place. My arse wouldn't fit through the cockpit opening! :lol:
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    Pokerface wrote:
    Seriously - how physically fit do you need to be to drive a car? Strong neck - yes. Able to crank the steering wheel over - yes. Strong thumbs to shift gear - yes.

What am I missing?

It's like being on a rollarcoaster for two hours - it going to wear you out.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Look at the F1 drivers who take part in cycling. Was it Prost who finished ridiculously high up at the etape?

I'm no fan of F1, but those guys need to be in good shape.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    Yep, from what I've heard the braking can sometimes need both feet! (May be old hat)

That rollercoaster pulls 5G under braking which puts enormous strain on the heart just to keep the blood pumping. These guys do all that and control the cars with huge precision, they must be fit.
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    RichN95 wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:

What am I missing?

It's like being on a rollarcoaster for two hours - it going to wear you out.

Sounds like my last marriage. Except it was 2 years. 8)
  • As Lance is an F1 fan I wonder if he learnt anything from Nelson Piquet jnr. Contador better watch out, he may find a Radioshack minion having a "grip issue" on the cobbles right in front of him...
  • F1 frivers loose several litres of sweat in races like Malasia in no more than 2 hours. it 's about condithioning. physical strength is, like cycling, very specific. that's why they're all short and wiry. also there's the mental focus for on average about 1h 45.

I love all the techie and infighting as much as the racing itself.
    http://twitter.com/mgalex
    www.ogmorevalleywheelers.co.uk

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business