What Front Mech Can I Use

krav
krav Posts: 35
edited July 2009 in MTB workshop & tech
Rite ive had a search on here and can find what i need so its time to ask im afraid.

The problem i have is i have a 04 Specialized Enduro S-Works with an XT front mech thats around the same age. The mech is rubbish (and thats being kind), its a nightmare to set up, not to efficient etc etc so i want to change it. I tried an XT FD-M770 top swing dual pulley on it but the problem i had with that was i couldn't adjust it due to the Allen key bolt that tightens the cable down (sorry dont know the correct terminology). The bolt was pretty much facing down hence me not being able to get an Allen key in to tighten it as it was against the frame.

I've also tried to look on Specialized website to have a look at the model number of an original mech with the possibility of trawling ebay to try and find one. The problem there lies with the fact that i cant view the 04 Enduro.

What i need to know is what can i use instead, i dont care whether its Shimanno or Sram, XT, XTR, LX, SLX etc i just need something thats going to work. Its the only part of my entire bike thats original apart from the frame that is.

Thanks

Comments